My Cardinals soo rock. Chris Carpenter = A-friggin-mazing; He threw a dominant one hit shutout tonight, with ten strikeouts. His curveball was just nuts. He made some top hitters in the league look like total idiots out there. And Larry Walker, who is from the area, hit two two-run home runs back to back. He had a stellar night. And to think that may be his second to last game in Canada. He is talking of possible retirement at the end of this season. That is so sad. He has been such an excellent addition to the Cardinals' ball club. It will be sad to see him go, should he decide to do so. Cardinals fans will always remember and love him. He was welcome in St Louis since the first day. His very first at bat in Busch Stadium, he received a standing ovation before and after it. And he struck out.
That's Cardinals fans for you. We really appreciate our players a lot. After any home run last year, the fans demanded a curtain call and would not shut up until they could show the player the recognition they felt he deserved. And these players stay incredibly humble, which just feeds to the fans love.
Man, I love baseball.
So many of you who expressed interest to me for TSAV dream girl and haven't filled out an app, I may be sending you something. Yeah that's right, you. And if I don't have your email I will friggin track you down and make sure you have a copy. So there.
We miss Mahone-dizzle. Come back, man.
Man, Tom Clancy is awesome. I've been reading Rainbow Six and it's a good book. I plan to read the first Harry Potter book afterwards. Yes, I said it, I plan to read Harry Potter. I enjoyed the movies a lot, and so I think I'm gonna check out the books.
I've always been a little leary to read these books. Not because of the witches and wizards BS that my mother hates them for, but because they were such a big fad. I am always leary to jump on the bandwagon and will wait on a lot of things just because they are so popular so fast. Is this right? Wrong? I have no idea, but it is how I seem to operate a lot.
So I'm getting tired of people only worrying about doing "their share" and not just doing what needs to get done. I realize no one wants to be the one always doing everything, but sometimes you need to do something just because it needs to be done and if everyone just gets done what needs to get done, when they see it and not leaving it for someone else because they've already done their share, everything works out. You may end up doing a little bit more than your portion, but sometimes it goes the other way. But either way, things get done and no one points fingers. Okay, stepping off the soap box.
It's nice having clean laundry in a dresser. It's the little things in life I tell you.
I need to get away for a while. My family is on vacation to South Carolina. I kinda feel left out right now. I want to go away to someplace nice and just relax. Maybe I'll go for a weekend with Katie somewhere. That could be awesome. Hmmmmmm. But where could we go for a weekend? Something to ponder.
Ugh, I hate heartburn...
So turns out we are going to see Batman Begins tomorrow night after work. Should be a good one.
Man this summer has been a crazy one. Full of twists and turns and that I didn't see coming like a crazy rollercoaster. I realize that is cliche, but it's not just ups and downs, but these crazy turns that may go up or down and don't leave you with a chance to catch your breath. At least I have one consistancy through this all. An awesome girl and a great group I like to call TSAV. I truly feel blessed to have you in my life. And I can't say enough about my girl. She constantly makes me smile, all the time. And sometimes it's just the little things she does.
I'm a lover of the little things. I don't need something huge to make my day. Sometimes it's just a smile back when I do something for you, or telling me that I have done something that made your day, or leaving a comment *hint, hint*. Put a few of those together in a day and I'll be beaming for days.
The reality of leaving Rose is slowly hitting me. It probably won't fully hit me till this fall when classes start. It is so weird to think that I won't be there in classes any more and to be taking real classes at another college. I think I may enjoy this switch to CS, but I'm even more uncertain of what I want to do after college. Definately a crossroad in my life.
So it's Flag Day apparently. Don't know exactly what that means. Fly a flag or something.
I want to go bowling. With my ball. And be a little competitive. I miss competition. I should be playing baseball right now. I played baseball every summer from 1st grade till I graduated from high school. I miss it so much. I miss the sport, I miss the competition. I haven't competed in a sport since high school and I definately miss it.
Well, this is getting long, so I'll leave you with some Maroon 5. Enjoy.
Sunday morning rain is falling
Steal some covers share some skin
Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
You twist to fit the mold that I am in
But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
That someday it would lead me back to you
That someday it would lead me back to you
That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave
Fingers trace your every outline
Paint a picture with my hands
Back and forth we sway like branches in a storm
Change the weather still together when it ends
But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
Sunday morning rain is falling and I'm calling out to you
Singing someday it'll bring me back to you
Find a way to bring myself back home to you
Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're not going to Rose??? I did not know this. I knew you were considering the switch, but I did not know it was made. So why CS at ISU in stead of Rose? That'd be a good blog topic ;)
BOB I MISS YOU! :-D
Post a Comment