Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Reconsider Everything on a Wednesday Afternoon

So it's been a little while since I last posted, I know, but I've been hella busy. I started working at Columbia House yesterday, and haven't done squat so far. Right now, I'm just here, chillin' and waiting for them to give me something to do. It's tough because my project manager is out of town and will eb gone until tomorrow, but I'll be gone tomorrow to move into my house, so I won't see him until Friday. I have looked over some of his Java code already and found some errors and just a couple spots where he was just highly ineffecient. It was the first time he had ever written Java code, so I'll give him a break. I have nothing left to do though. I have looked over the code a billion times, and have been downloading random things all day. Blah.

However, speaking of moving in, apparently we are moving in right now. We were supossed to not be abel to till tomorrow, but for some odd reason, we can now. Nick and Adam are in this process as we speak. I wish I could go help them right now. I think I am going out my mind just sitting here. That's what Rose will do to you. Last night after work, I came back to New Res and just hung out and relaxed. But I felt guilty. I felt like there was something I should be doing and by just sitting there I was slacking. I can't even friggin' relax any more!! Thanks, Rose.

It is gonna be nice being in the house soon. I can't wait to be fully moved in. We are having a party this Friday to celebrate it. My Kate is coming which will make even more enjoyable. Then on Saturday, we are going up to her home to help her mother move. It should be interesting. I have never met her parents, so I am a little nervous. First impressions can be everything, so I really hope my first impression on them is good. Well, we'll find out. Wish me luck. Anyway, if anyone is in Terre Haute or in the area, come by our house on S. 20th St. It'll be a good time and anyone who reads my blog is invited.

So turns out, my Cardinals rock. They have the best record in the National League and second best record in baseball to only the White Sox. They currently have an astounding seven and a half game lead in the central division, the biggest lead they have had by the month of June....ever. Up until this point, the largest lead the Cardinals had ever had by June was a mere 3 game lead. At this point in the season, most team have an at most a five game lead and currently only the White Sox have even close to this lead with a five game lead. This is just nuts. The season is far from over, but my boys are looking good thus far. And these last few weeks have been without our star third baseman, Scott Rolen. Go Cardinals!! For those who put up with my latest Cardinals rant, thank you.

I love how Kate not only puts up with the Cardinals, but has actually started to follow them herself. That is sooo hot. She is just so awesome. For those who just put up with my latest Kate rant, thank you.

I don't really want to still be at work right now. It wouldn't be too bad if I had things to do. But I don't. And so I sit here and, for now, blog.

So turns out I'm working with Tom Aigner, which is pretty fun. We goof off together sometimes, especially when we don't have anything to do. Aka, all the time. He's fun to mess with, as he will mess with me right back. The third intern is another guy from Rose, named Zeke Lundstrom. I have no idea who this guy is. I tried facebooking him, but he's not on it. We hope we can mess with him too. We'll see.

Well I'll leave ya with some good ole 311 that I've been humming to myself all day. I think it was the last thing playing in my car when I got here. Whatever, it's a good song. I love the idea of thinking for yourself that this song pushes. I just love that. So many times people just have these ideas without anthing to back them up or any idea as to why it would make sense. That's why I love it when a blog stirs up a little controversy, it causes you to stop and think. And a good debate about the issue causes people to have a reason behind it. Anywho, great song. Read it!!

How many times will they do the same thing?
How did they get programmed to your following?
Everyone's locked up in their suffering
The only way you can tell is reconsider everything

What if the truth is that there is no truth
The only thing I can prove is there is no proof
Don't be so sure that your source is correct
People believed it before, before they had checked

How many times can they tell you
Til you just give them their way
How many times can they sell you
Til you let them have their say
Every time you will ignore your
Heart it will come back twice more
Never deny your own instinct
Reconsider Everything

Everybody want something they control
Some just want grass some they want gold
Either way does it feel good or feel low
Taking you down not fast but real slow

Rebellion done for it's own sake
Does not a true free thinker make
To go against for it's own sake
You're still controlled by the course that the other man takes

4 comments:

Sara Beth said...

Good lyrics. I'll see you Friday! have fun at work.

MD said...

I like the last stanza. Reminds me of highschool. All the "free thinking" little liberals. Stupid cattle was all they ever amounted too, because they never bothered to think about why they believed what they did. It just happened to NOT be what their parents believed, and for them, that was enough.

Karen said...

Everyone it seems is suffering from the Rose syndrome. Everyone is bored to pieces and doesn't know what to do with themselves, myself included. I've pretty much exhausted the Internet...I'm actually going to start having to do work. I don't know what else to do with myself...BAH!
With love and a smile,
Karen ...hehehehe

Sami said...

Yeah, I'm going through the Rose syndrome, even here in Japan. I feel like I should be doing something at all times, and since classes don't start until Monday, I'm free until then for the most part. Glad to hear you guys are moving in and such. I'm pretty sure Zeke's a delta sig, but i'm not 100% sure.