Wow, it has been a while. I've been very busy. Between work, going home this weekend with my Kate, and working on the 2005 Soccer guide. There has been no time for anything else.
Hmmm, so where do we start? Well, we now have wireless. Yes, that's right. I am currently sitting in front of the TV as we speak. So I can watch my Cardinals and still be able to talk to people online and the such. I love it. And yes, I am a tool. And strangely fine with it.
Dead Like Me is on. Man, do I miss that show. Such great characters, good stories. They really need to bring it back.
So this weekend I brought Kate home with me to meet the family. It was Danny's last weekend home. It went really well. My family really took in to her, just as I had hoped and really welcomed her with open arms, made her feel at home. And I really love my family for that. It really meant a lot to me to see that.
On Saturday, we went golfing after breakfast with my dad and a guy from church. We had a good time. I was putting a lot better than I ever have, which was nice. I think I played one of my better games that day, which really doesn't say that much. But, I want to play more this summer. If you are around the Haute this summer, and want to play, let me know.
After golf we went to the Cardinals game, and wow, did we pick an awesome game. Cardinals rocked the Pirates 8-0 as Chris Carpenter threw a complete game, four hit shutout. Jimmy and his girlfriend came with us, which was nice to spend some quality time with them. When I was still living at home, my little brothers weren't dating much, so it was nice to do that together. After the game we just hung around Union Station for a while, just walking around and enjoying the scenery and each other's company.
On Sunday we hit up Fitz's before leaving and it was sooo worth it. Katie finally got to see what all this fuss has been about Fitz's. Good food, good root beer, good times. Damn, that should be their motto or something. Hehe.
It was so awesome being home with Katie like that. And for some reason, home felt more like home than home has been in a long, long time. I was wondering why that is a lot lately. But I just feel so at ease and comfortable when I am around her, like I'm at home. Kinda weird, but awesome.
I was really glad my family was as awesome as they were. So to my parents, thanks.
Speaking of which, I confirmed on Saturday, something I had pretty well known for a little while now, but got my dad to admit it. My dad reads my blog. He had never commented before because he didn't want me to know that he reads this, that I would be less candid if I did knew. But I have known for some time now, and I will say whats on my mind. It's my blog. This is me. My blog is a place for me to pour out myself for the world to see. I am not going to hide something because of someone reading it, or a large part of my blog is lost.
I'm trying to get my dad to set up his own blog. He claims he has nothing interesting to put in it, but I pull out the bullshit card on that one. A blog is not all about what you did that day, but observations you ahve made and your thoughts, to publish to others, often inspiring thoughts or your readers. You don't have to be young and in college and such to have a blog, it's just that's the generation it started with. Check out Nick's dad's Blog. He has some awesome insight and interesting observations on life and love and the such.
I'd really like to get to know my dad better. We never really talked in high school as I never felt my dad understood me at all. But now I feel like he understands me a lot better than ever, but sometimes I just want to dive into his head. Maybe this blog will help.
I'd also like to be closer to my brothers. I am going to be writing Danny as often as I can. He begins Basic Cadet Training tomorrow. He will be going through a fun six weeks of hell. He can do it though. He is very strong minded and in great shape. Those are the two things that will really get you there, and he's got it. With how annoying it can get to hear of all his accomplishments, especially in light of all I've been going through lately, I am really proud of him and his ability to see a goal and do everything in his power to get there.
I really feel sorry for his girlfriend, Leslie, right now. It must be really tough what she is going through right now. They saw each other all the time while they were dating and were never apart from each other for more than a week or two, and even then they talked often on the phone. She won't see him again until Thanksgiving and won't be able to talk to him at all for 6 weeks. She can write him letters, which I really hope she does (a letter means the world to a cadet going through that training), but she can't talk to him and get an immediate response till the end of training. Good luck to the two of them. It's hard enough leaving Katie for that annoying time between weekends, I can't imagine for longer than that. And we talk all the time in between seeing each other. I would hate to leave her any longer than I do now. It's becoming so hard sometimes when she leaves.
Wow, this has become a long post. Sorry to those that are waiting on questions from me, or answers to their questions. I'll get to them soon. I'll leave you with some Tait that I have come back to. Man, that is an awesome band and some amazing vocals. I love this guy's range, and awesome lyrical (is that a word? If not, it is now.) talent. I hope these words speak as true to you as they have to me.
I heard you say that no one seems to care ‘bout you
It’s in your eyes, you think that life’s unfair to you
Just give it all you got, my friend
Just give it all you got, it’s not the end
Cause you oughta know
There’s a reason for these changin’ seasons
God only knows how much your heart can bear
So don’t you let go
Everybody has their up and down times
Everybody needs to know how much they’re loved
My friend
So hold on, it’s not the end
As I remember everything you touch
Would turn to gold
You held the secrets
To make your grandest dreams unfold
You were the very best of us all
But the sun that rises still falls
It’s just a love song
Cause everybody needs a friend
I’ll be right here for you
Just a simple prayer
It’s from the bottom of my heart
That He’ll never let you go
P.S.Those in the Haute this weekend are free to swing by our house for our cookout on Sunday, starting at 3. If you are on facebook, let me know I will give you an official invite. If not, leave me a message so I know you're coming, and I'll get you more details. Peace.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
a new post!?! yay!!!
only writing letters would be tough... like the old days.
Mahone Dizzle rejoices at your new post.
I know that home feeling you get with Katie. Don't get to into though, because if she ever leaves, you'll be homeless for a very long time. Not to be a cynic, and Katie does seem a lot more... sincere and stable of a person than Nikki, but still... Guard your heart now, and there will be more to give later on. Slow and steady wins the race. One good thing to do is make sure you don't end up giving up friends or activities, and make sure you keep an extra amount of focus on God, because all those things can slip very easily when someone amazing comes along. And to let all that slip would be a disservice to you and her both. But anyway, enjoy it. It's great, I know ;) We've got your back if you ever need anything.
Okay, I'm looking for the perfect song to "sing" to you........so don't sit back and watch the days go by/ are you ever gonna live before you die?/ and when things fall apart the world has come undone/ leave it all behind leave the loneliness alone/ you wait forever blind/ so come on and leave the years when you'd watch the days go by/ come on and leave the fears that you were afraid to find/ cause while you wait inside/ the days go by/ so all the memories fade and the days go by/ forget the lonely yesterdays in mind/ i know it's never gonna be the way you like/ i know you don't want to think about the endlessness you find/ you wait forever blind/ so come on and leave the years when you'd watch the days go by/ come on and leave the fears that you were afraid to find/ cause while you wait inside/ the days go by/ you're waiting for your time/ all these days gone wrong/ who broke your fall/ what a way to learn/ so come on and leave the years when you'd watch the days go by/ come on and leave the fears that you were afraid to find / cause while you wait inside/ the days go by!
Have a great day! And I'll possibly? see you this weekend!
Post a Comment