First of all, I have been interviewed by Nick. The Official Interview Game Rules
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
So here is Nick's interview:
1.) What thing about yourself that used to true makes you glad you've changed?
Well, I used to be rather close-minded, something that has definately changed since coming to Rose. There were things that I looked down upon people for doing, such as drinking. I had no idea about it and my perception of drinking was much different as now. I have learned that a lot of that is about being responsible. I still don't care for anyone who does stupid things while drunk, as there is really no excuse for that. But I have learned to have an open mind about things and try to see from someone else's shoes.
2.) If you were in a band, what instrument would it make sense for you to play? (Disregard that you already play the guitar.) What would be your famous onstage trademark?
Even disregarding the fact that I play guitar, I would be a guitar player in a band. It is an instrument I have always loved, one of the reasons I currently play it. I would also more than likely be the lead vocalist. I have always been one to be the frontman of a such band. I have sort of formed a band with my little brothers at home and have done a few songs together. I would want to be the rhythm guitarist, not because I'm not good enough to play lead, but because I would want to concentrate on the vocals and do not feel I could give them the effort they deserved should I try to play lead guitar as well.
3.) If you could really read girl's minds, what do you think you'd hear?
Hmmm, there are so many possibilities to this question, many of which could get me in trouble. But I really think that if I could hear their thoughts, I would hear another language. I really wouldn't understand what was being said, it would be halfway recognizable, but not translatable. Men and women communicate in different languages and I think this where a lot of the misunderstanding comes. Men and women can say the exact same thing and mean totally different things, but if you try to translate it as the opposite gender would, you get a different idea of what was said than what was said. Looking back at that answer, it might be confusing so if I just made your head spin, I'm sorry.
4.) (Movie inspired...) If you could predict the future, how would you use what you knew?
That's really tough, I'd like to think I would do something similar to the old tv show, Early Edition. But sometimes I wonder what negative effect these actions could have, like in Frequency when keeping his father alive caused a killer to not die and ends up killing his mother. But would I be able to see the future with my actions? How would these visions change as I change things I do? And there is the whole question of fate. Now I don't know how much I really believe in fate, at least predestination. It seems more like a cop out for not making an effort, pretending you don't really have control. We may never know for sure, but I strongly believe people have free will, but who knows? Back to the point, if I could see the future, I think I would use it to do good, but then good is relative. So since it is me doing the act, it would be my perspective of good.
5.) If you could kill one famous person, who would it be? Alive only, please.
Now my first reaction is the military instinct to take out a terrorist or something like Bin Ladin before 9-11 to save some tens of thousands lives, but then again we as a nation may have needed something like that to open our eyes and realize we weren't untouchable. But was it worth 10,000 lives? That is the real question. There is no one that I really hate to the point that I want them dead. Maybe jailed or sent off to somewhere horrible, but not dead. I don't know, maybe it's the soft heart in me. However, thinking more on it, I think I would take out Bin Laden now. He deserves to be punished for what he did and a message sent that the US doesn't take crap from terrorists. Also, with him being a leader in the terrorist world, it would send a message to other terrorists. So if I had to pick someone, Bin Laden is it.
There ya go, there are my answers. Now if anyone wants to be interviewed by me, let me know in a comment.
So today we had a meeting with a higher up in the Columbia House company about the merger between us and BMG. Basically they don't know anything yet except they are shooting for July 1st for it to be official. It was a pretty funny meeting actually. I thought I was watching Queer Eye. These two men were rather stylish and kept bickering, but almost flirting with each other. They looked like some gay couple doing a show. They even started making fun of each other's hair. It was rather humorous.
Kinda tired, weird.
So I have noticed people don't comment much when I update regularly like they want me to. But will comment more when I don't update much. Interesting. Commenting makes me happy, and people want me to blog. I didn't get a high grade in psych, but I definately remember that's not the best way to get things done. Don't remember the exact term, which may be why I didn't get the best grade...
Kinda tired tonight....
My roommates have pretty decent taste in music which is nice.
I love smiles. Smiles say so much and getting people to smile makes my day. Smiles are often a sign of happyness on some level and often the level is shown in the smile. And smiles make me happy, especially if I know I am the cause of them.
My girl is awesome. Had to say it, she makes me so happy. I'm sorry to those who get tired of hearing it, but it's hard to shut up about it sometimes.
I want a nice picture of the Rat Pack to go over our office. I think that would be pretty stylin'. I like the pic with them at the pool table. Gotta love Sinatra. I saw an awesome picture of him in Applebee's. Reminded me of him in Guys and Dolls, one of my favorite musicals.
Wow this is a long post. I think I will end on some good ole Relient K. One of my favorite bands by far.
I’ve given up on giving up slowly, I’m blending in so
You won’t even know me apart from this whole world that shares my fate
This one last bullet you mention is my one last shot at redemption
because I know to live you must give your life away
And I’ve been housing all this doubt and insecurity and
I’ve been locked inside that house all the while You hold the key
And I’ve been dying to get out and that might be the death of me
And even though, there’s no way in knowing where to go, promise I’m going because
I gotta get outta here
I’m stuck inside this rut that I fell into by mistake
I gotta get outta here
And I’m begging You, I’m begging You, I’m begging You to be my escape.
I’m giving up on doing this alone now
Cause I’ve failed and I’m ready to be shown how
He’s told me the way and I’m trying to get there
And this life sentence that I’m serving
I admit that I’m every bit deserving
But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Cause I’ve been housing all this doubt and insecurity and
I’ve been locked inside that house all the while You hold the key
And I’ve been dying to get out and that might be the death of me
And even though, there’s no way in knowing where to go, promise I’m going because
I gotta get outta here
Cause I’m afraid that this complacency is something I can’t shake
I gotta get outta here
And I’m begging You, I’m begging You, I’m begging You to be my escape.
I am a hostage to my own humanity
Self detained and forced to live in this mess I’ve made
And all I’m asking is for You to do what You can with me
But I can’t ask You to give what You already gave
I fought You for so long
I should have let You in
Oh how we regret those things we do
And all I was trying to do was save my own skin
But so were You
Thursday, June 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
INTERVIEW ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS I heart you bob
First, and foremost: INTERVIEW ME!...Also, I hope I make you laugh when we talk during work...you make me smile each time with the dry and apathetic "Word to your Mother..."...hehe Come on, you know you at least smile, don't lie! A Rat Pack poster would totalle OWN!!! Gotta love the vintage throw-back!
With love and a smile,
K 2 the AREN
INTEVIEW ME!
I'm sending Adam more pics. Make sure he shares!
Post a Comment