Sunday, June 19, 2005

Walk With You on a Saturday Night

Sitting here at Adam's house, watching SportsCenter. It's been a pretty fun weekend. Last night we went to the Hagerty sisters' house to hang out. Steph offered to make dinner for us, and by make dinner, she meant have me cook dinner at their house. In all fairness she did provide dessert. What would you do for a Klondike bar? It was a good time. I made these citrus grillers with a rice side and a mandarin salad. It was quite tasty I must say. It was so good that Steph gave up being a vegetarian to eat some of the chicken. They also had a hot tub in the basement, which didn't hurt I tell you. Soon the word no became like a Polish village...unpronouncable. (10 points to the first person to catch the reference)

So I forgot a part of Nick's interview and so this is for you, Nick, so you don't feel slighted. Now part of the second question I believe was what would be my trademark in my band. Well, this was tough, because I think trademarks are something that happens and everyone happens to love it and you play to your fans. Or something that you happen to do and people pick up that you happen to do it all the time. But a planned trademark is rather cheap. However something that I think would be really cool to be known for would be to wear a full suit and fidora for every concert. I think it looks very stylish and would be an awesome look for my band, even though we are a rock band and not some swing band. So there ya go Nick. You better be happy.

It was nice to see Jesseca again. We got to talk a little in the van heading to Indy. I miss my talks with her.

Oh the irony experinced in conversations this weekend...

So I'm watching SportsCenter here and they didn't do a single clip from the Cardinals game or even mention it. WTF, mate? That was the main reason I even turned it on. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Damn that ESPN.

So tonight we went to Indy and just walked around on the city and hung out. It was nice. Adam's friend Hef came out with us as well. There was some festival thing on the circle in the center of town and some damn hot cars there. Apparently the Porsche club was in town, having a banquet downtown. They were docked (yes, parking is too cheap for a Porsche, they dock) over on the bridge nearby. Daing, that was some sweet cars you might say. Adam, Hef and I just stared. Very nice.

Well, it's getting late and this has been a long weekend. I get to see my Kate tomorrow, so I should get some sleep. I'll leave you with some Dispatch. Such an awesome band. Too bad they are no longer. But their music will live forever.

and I will walk with you
using the stars as guides
on a homeward path we go
knowing our time is nigh
I, I will walk... to be with you
so put your hand in mine
and lay your head to rest
we'll light the candles now
they won't be lit for long
we'll know our day was blessed

and I will walk with you
using the stars as guides
on a homeward path we go
knowing our time is nigh
I, I will walk to be with you
all that I've done, and all I say
to be with you...

4 comments:

MD said...

Picasso

Sami said...

Very good Mahoney! I'm so jealous of you guys! I miss you guys! Can't I like do a super travel and come with next time. This whole ocean thing is kind of big. Grr. . .

Anonymous said...

I drove him Bob...So I get the credit although it was your idea :-D Heart you anyways

Sara Beth said...

I'm just proud that you're updating frequently. Gives me something to read at work! Have a great week!