Monday, June 13, 2005

I Miss You on a Monday Evening

We got the little sucker. That's right. The mouse that thought he had outsmarted us, eating the bait on the mousetraps and then leaving it to taunt us has seen the end. Take that, dumb mouse.

So Adam and I hit up the library today. That was the most pitiful library I have seen in my life. It only had two Tom Clancy novels, not the best selection at all. It is the Haute, but I expected more. Now it wasn't the main library either, but even the small west branch in Belleville had roughly 10 times the amount of book this one had. It was also a bitch to just get a library card. You either have to be in school and it must be in session at that time and proof of it. Or proof of residecy in Terre Haute, and not just anything but an official document with the address on it. Or if you work in Terre Haute, they need proof of employment that has your Terre Haute address on it. Lucky for me, my pay stub has my address on it.

Today I woke up with a screaming headache. I expected to find there was a knife in my skull, the way it felt. I could barely walk, so I stumbled into the bathroom to get some Tylenol and stumbled back to bed, hoping I could at least be able to go in for a half-day. Well, I woke up at 11:30, feeling a little better. At least I could walk without hurting this time. So I made a quick lunch and went to work for a half-day. It wasn't too bad actually, once I got up and moving and thinking. I worked on a program with my project boss. And by worked on it with him, I mean I basically told him what to type and he typed it. It took about 3 times as it would have if I were doing it alone, but he's learning Java at the same time, so I guess its all about the learning process. Makes things interesting.

I hope installing these new drivers will let me play the new Battlefield 2 demo. That game looks like so much fun. Damn laptops.

We're gonna see the new Batman movie this Friday. I can't wait. It looks pretty good. I think Christian Bale will be awesome as Batman. Those in Terre Haute that would like to go wit us, let me know and I'll get you the details.

Got a good book, so I may not be online as much any more, but I can be gotten a hold of through my cell phone. Don't worry about interupting my book, I'd love to talk to you.

Sorry not many people knew I was leaving Rose. It wasn't exactly something I wanted to have public until it was for sure. Not exactly the most proud of leaving Rose. I hope people don't see me as some loser who couldn't make it at Rose. I think that's one of my biggest fears right now. I guess it's just time to turn another page in my life.

On the plus side, I talked with the registrar at ISU and I may be elgible to receive a waiver to pay in-state tuition for working at Columbia House this summer. I really hope that goes through. It will save me a lot of money.

I forgot how much Relient K rocks.

This day started out full of suck, but is looking a lot better now.

So this weekend was pretty good. On Friday night, Nick and I just hung out at the house, and I got MVP Baseball 2005. It is an awesome game, however it was not written to be used on a laptop. So I need to get this special controller they have, which will be awesome, or just get a real desktop computer to play it on.

Nick and I had a craving for sugar around midnight or so, so we hit up Kroger for some snacks. Mmmmmmmmmm, I love Krispy Kreme. And we got some Swedish Fish as well. Quite the delicasy.

On Saturday, I slept in. Wow, it felt good. I hadn't slept in like that in forever. It was really nice to do. Then Nick and I went to this guitar store in Terre Haute, so we could drool..er, I mean so Nick could buy strings. It was fun. Then I came back and got ready for my hot date.

Katie was mucho caliente, but that's a given. I took her to Puccinni's Italian Restaurant. It was very nice, in a neat little part of Bloomington. Good food, a little expensive, but my Kate's worth it. Then we went to see "Kingdom of Heaven." Good movie. I enjoyed it. Then we hit up, Starbucks (Katie's favorite) before heading back to IU. Instead of going right back to her room we went for a walk in this park area by her dorm. It was really nice. I love just being with her, talking and enjoying each other's company, sipping a white chocolate mocha. Good times.

Well dinner is almost ready so I think I will leave you with some Incubus. Good stuff.

To see you when I wake up
Is a gift I didn't think could be real
To know that you feel the same as I do
Is a three-fold utopian dream

You do something to me that I can't explain
So would I be out of line if I said
I miss you?

I see your picture
I smell your skin on the empty pillow next to mine
You have only been gone ten days
But already I'm wasting away
I know I'll see you again
Whether far or soon
But I need you to know that I care
And I miss you

1 comment:

N said...

i've had more than one thought of leaving rose, to be sure... it's not that i don't like it, just that i don't feel like i'm doing what i'm best at - namely pretty much anything non-technical. it won't happen soon, though... hopefully i can stick it out till grad school and then go do something really interesting.