First of all, I'd like to apologize to my parents for going off about them before my facts were straight. I needed to vent and wanted to cool down before talking to them as when I did, I wnated to be clear headed so it could be a calm conversation and not just blow up and conversations with my parents have before. But I probably should not have made that vent public and for that I apologize.
Second of all, if you ahve something to say to me, something to criticize me for, something you want me to take remotely serious, back it up with a name or at least make sure you are right when you attack something like whether or not lyrics are correct or not. Anyone who plans to leave an anonymous comment, realize it won't be taken seriously at all.
Ever had a conversation with someone where you wonder if you are both speaking the same language? Ever have an argument with someone where you both are using the same logic to prove different points, causing you to wonder if its the same logic after all?
I went on a walk tonight and for the first time in a long time, it really didn't help. But it did make me wonder about something I hadn't really thought about, so I will take a poll: Do you think I am intense?
Been loving the OC Supertones lately. Such awesome music. I had forgotten about them. I just love rediscovering great bands.
"Why haven't you updated yet?" Because I almost feel like no one has read it. No one commented. Nothing I wrote affected you causing you to comment. See I hate updating before anyone has commented on the current post. Then I'm afraid no one will think to comment on that one. Maybe I'm weird, but if you want me to update more often, comment. It's kind of a positive feedback kind of thing. If I get a lot comments, I will update even more often, because then I feel like people care more.
Some people just intrigue me to no end. And I love it. I love getting to know someone and just seeing what makes them tick and why it does. I could sit down with a total stranger and probably enjoy just getting to know them. I may not want to be best friends afterwards, but I would enjoy the conversation. So if you want to talk or simply grab a nice cup of coffee, let me know, I'd love to pick your brain.
So I know I want to do something about it, but as to what, I am not sure. It seems like it could be so perfect, but I only totally understand it from my point of view. Something to ponder.
Ever hear someone sing/whistle the harmony to a song you can't hear? I swear thats just like female logic sometimes. I sure it would make sense and not just sound like a jumbled mess if I knew what was going on in your head.
Well not much more, so I will leave you with some awesome Supertones. And if you think the lyrics are wrong....bring it.
Please allow me to introduce me.
Half of me slave, the other half free.
Righteous and sinful,
both at the same time.
Iniquity and purity
fill up the same mind.
And out of the same mouth,
the holy and profane.
I curse all my brothers,
then I bless Christ's name.
I hang in the balance,
but still I'm secure.
I'm leaning towards evil,
but striving to be pure.
I stand between the saint and
sinner, chasing after holiness, close
enough to grasp, but still it's just
beyond my reach.
Who I am is in between,
what I wanna be and what I am.
Pulling from both sides,
humility and pride.
One seeks to give,
the other to be gratified.
In any case, however,
I know I'm in need.
Two appetites in me,
which one do I feed?
Running fast as I can
after elusive perfection.
No I'm not there yet,
but sure I'm in the right direction.
Cuz I see me at the end
and I look glorified.
Justified safe inside,
so I seek to be sanctified
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I suppose "intense" might work for you sometimes. I wouldn't say you're ALWAYS intense. Like you know "INTENSE , EXTREME, IN-YOUR-FACE BOB ACTION!!!!1!". Sometimes a little frantic perhaps. My thinking was frantic before Thanksgiving. It is a little bit still, but not as much. I think it just has to do with stress.
I have no idea. I'd make a better comment, but I hate commenting and today ahs been the worst day so far this week. Gotta love family drama.
I'm not sure what intense means... lately you've been a much less lighthearted Bob, so in that way I guess you could say you've been pretty intense. Plus seems like something's bothering you lately... so that's kind of intense too. Perhaps a clarification of what you mean by "intense" would help.
I haven't been around you lately to know if your are intense or not. I would venture to say that a little beer and a burrito would be good steps towards relaxation. See you tomorrow, Bob.
I'm sorry I wasn't helpful. I have to admit, I was a little harsh and not really being the walk version of me that I should have been. Sorry about that. If you want to try it again sometime, I promise I won't be so whorish. :)
-Linds
Post a Comment