Wednesday, November 09, 2005

So that I may understand the complex infrastructure known as the female mind...

[EDIT]
Ok, so I think people got the wrong impression of that post. I am a writer. I love creative writing. And this was a time that I simply sat down and just wrote. Not a big novel like I have been working on, but a short story. a simple half hour of my life that I hoped to write and hope that you would feel the emotions of the narrator. I guess in a way, that worked, but feeling sorry for me was not the emotion I was going for really. For one, this wasn't a total defeat. At least I think. Who knows, but I doubt it was. I wasn't looking for advice, although thank you to all who were willing to give it. I was simply doing some creative writing, but I guess that wasn't quite made well known. So I have moved it to my Creative Writing Site. This I am sure is a better fit. Thanks for your comments, and check out my awesome stories on the site if you liked the previous post.

3 comments:

Sid Stamm said...

I really doubt she was trying to spare your feelings... I don't think I've ever met a girl who would make up excuses rather than just say no to someone whom she just met. Nonetheless, she may be using the "we should study" ploy as a cop-out. Maybe she didn't have enough guts to say no. I guess maybe I shouldn't offer advice: I've been out of the game for quite a while...

Of course, maybe she just really needs to study. :) Good luck.

Weasel said...

Bob, chill out. Finals week is a hard week to fit in doing anything other than studying. Some people really need to focus on studying to make up for a poor performance in a class. Don't worry about it. If you put too much stock into her unavailability for this weekend, you will go nuts. Just leave it at she needs to study this weekend and try again when there is a more opportune moment. You are a good guy, and I bet your mystery lady knows that.

N said...

It really depends on the person, but 90% of people I know would be willing to forgo some very small portion of their pre-finals study time for a date, if they were interested in the asker. Let's see... 48 hours in a weekend - a 4 hour date, that's 4/48 or 1/12 of the weekend devoted to a date... hardly a huge loss for the studying cause.