Watched Donnie Darko tonight. Excellent movie. Really makes you think. I love movies like that. It is so well done too. Really makes you think about the mysteries of time travel or seeing into the future. Love it.
Got to hear from my good friend Michelle last night, and I must say it was wonderful to sit down and just talk with her again. I really miss that. I used to be really close to some people from high school and I miss that connection that we had. Maybe I can get it back, or maybe it will never be the same. We'll just have to see.
So take a chance and make it big,
Cause it's the last you'll ever get.
If we don't take it, when will we make it?
A hundred points to the first to name that band and song.
I watch friends all around me getting maried and it makes me wonder why I can't even date a girl longer than three months? What am I doing wrong here? Why has dating become so hard? Why has it become so hard to simply get to know some people sometimes so you can even make the decision of whether or not you woud like to step int something with them? Since when did that word date become a huge turnoff? I see girls that fit the requirements I have made, but none of them seem to be interested in me. Am I aiming too high? Do I have too high of standards?
Ever feel like you are sitting still as life flies by you? Sometimes I feel like in the game of life I am still the backup quarterback. I practice hard, I take tough hits from our starting defense since they can't hit the starting quarterback and then come gametime, I stand on the sidelines with the clip board wathing the game unfold. What's worse than watching a game from the sidelines? Watching your team lose from the sidelines. To see a loss to your team when you aren't even given the chance to help out. You want to be out there, especially if your team is losing.
Well looks like I'll be able to come home this weekend. Not much is going on around here as Rose is on break and I could use a nice weekend at home. Not to mention Michelle needs a date for the fall play and that sounds like it would be an awesome time. How can ya pass that up? I mean, for Christ's sake!
Well??
Hehe, gotta love BNL. If you didn't get the above, then you need to listen to their live CD that Adam has.
I am really looking forward to a nice weekend at home. Amy will be home as well, which it will be nice to see her again. It's been a while. If you will be home this weekend and want to get together, let me know. We'll work something out.
Well I think I will leave you with some awesome Chris Rice. Such a talented musician and writer. This song intrigued me since the first moment I heard the title. I love the words. And I think sometimes tying to understand women is like trying to smell the color nine.
I would take no for an answer,
Just to know I heard you speak,
And I'm wondering why I've never,
Seen the signs they claim they see,
A lotta special revelations,
Meant for everybody but me,
Maybe I don't truly know You,
or maybe I just simply believe...
Cause I can sniff, I can see, and I can
count up pretty high; but these faculties
aren't getting me any closer to the sky,
but my heart of faith keeps poundin' so
I know I'm doin' fine but sometimes findin
you is just like tryin to smell the color nine.
Smell the color nine...
Now I've never felt the presence,
But I know You're always near,
And I've never heard the calling,
But somehow You've led me right here,
So I'm not lookin' for burnin' bushes,
Or some Divine graffiti to appear,
I'm just beggin You for Your wisdom,
And I believe You're puttin' some here...
Nine's not a color...
and if even if it were you can't smell a color,
no that's my point exactly.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
In my experience, trying is a turnoff. You have to look like you don't care. It seems odd that we have to play these mind games at our age, but it's the maturity of the girls that we have to adjust to... Sad but true.
I agree with Mike. Less is more is never more true than when trying to gain the affection of the opposite sex.
The problem that I'm pretty sure defines your, my, and everyone's girl troubles is that we're picking from the Rose pool of girls...
a.) Rose girls have an excess of choice, as well as an excess of attention. This makes it difficult to have a relationship with a level playing field, as the male is always the one who has the most to lose.
b.) Rose girls are much more career/independence/work focused than average. I'll bet if you picked out some nice Woodsie studying equestrian sciences you'd find much less resistance to the word date.
AND
c.) There just aren't many Rose girls to pick from. If it's hard for someone at, say, IU to find a soulmate, how are we supposed to find one? It's a like 500:1 odds in the favor of the IU student!
That's my rant. Thank you.
I also wonder why I can't make relationships last. I think the reasons I listed above are a good start, though.
Post a Comment