Sunday, November 06, 2005

Loss For Words on a Sunday Night

Hehe, the irony of that title.

After looking for hours upon hours I found my lost CD. And I am in a good mood. A very good mood. =)

Gage is here this weekend. It has been a very good weekend. I rather enjoyed it. All of it. I don't remember the last time that has happened. I think the last time that happened was when I took Katie home with me, and we went to a Cardinals game and played golf. That was a fun weekend. Well this one was up there, but for different reasons.

Friday we went to see Jarhead. Awesome movie. It made me remember all that I loved about the military and really made me strongly consider OTS after graduating. Such a great and honorable profession. Maybe it is what I was meant to do, maybe not. We'll see. But as far as movies go, Jarhead was an excellent film and I would highly recomend it. If you are around the Haute and are looking for someone to go with ya, let me know. I'd see it again.

Every storm deserves an ending
And a break to peaceful skies
And every night I pray for my own mending


So another hundred points to anyone to tell me the name of the band and song this is from. I will give you a hint, it is the same band and the previous post. Hell, another, I wish I had the lea singer's range. Such an excellent singer.

I got to talk to an old friend from high school. It was really nice to talk to this person again. She made me smile and a nice smile is always appreciated. 34 points to you.

Gage cooked dinner tonight, and did a damn fine job I may add. Check out the recipe and you can almost imagine what it tastes like. Only it even tastes better. I even enjoyed the mushrooms in it. And for those who know me, that says something. I think I am gonna have to cook it at home somtime. Mmmmmmmmm.

Ever be rather interested in someone, only for them to choose a complete douche hat over you? I have. A couple times even. And there is nothing you can do. You are their friend, but anything you say to them about how much of an ass clown this person is so they don't get hurt, there is that wonder of motivation. Gahhhhhh. Not to mention what a slap in the face it is to know that this jerk was chosen over you. That to this person, you are lower than one of the biggest asses you know. Wow, what a humbling expereince. And then they have issues in the relationship about how much he's a jerk and she comes to you, the friend. And as a friend you want to give her honest advice, but you can't. Because if you were honest with her, she would think you are simply trying to break them up so you can date her. So you must say something to calm her fears and help her work the rlationship out, even if you don't think the relationship is a good idea because you don't want to be the one to say that she should ditch the bastard. Grrrrrrrrr.

Ever listen to old music and have it remind you of something very specific because you played it often when doing something. I get that a lot. Most of my music can remind me of something specific, having nothing to do with the song itself but what i was doing when listeing to it. Linkin Park often reminds me of freshman year as I wore that band out that year. Switchfoot reminds me of Caroline. 311, Katie. The new Tait and Toby CDs, the winter I spent at home--each one reminding me of a different job I held while home, Toby-the job in the radiology dept of St E's hospital, Tait-the warehouse job for the Shrine. It's kind of interesting actually.

I enjoy having Gage here. I'm glad he will be here full time again soon.

I have received many compliments on my covers and I thank you all very much. It's nice to see the work that you put into something go appreciated, and I appreciate your support.

Ever get mad or irritated at someone for not dropping everything when you need them, even though you know that's way too much to demand of someone. You feel like a jerk for being aggrivated, but you would drop everything for this person. But still, you have no reason to be mad. Maybe I'm just dumb. Inner-conflict. Grrrrrrrr.

I love late night talks with certain people. There is nothing like it.

Well, it's late, I should go to bed. So I will leave you with some Tait. Thank God for finding that CD. Love it.

I’m at a loss,
I’m at a loss for words, I really want to say
I’m finding for myself
What can I do
When every road I travel leads me back to you
Instead of somewhere else
I apologize

Cause what I wanted to say
Never came out the way
I wanted it to, I wanted it to
Cause what I wanted to say
Only got in the way
I never meant to hurt you
But I didn’t have a clue

I’m just a man
I’m just a man in need of something better than
I’m finding for myself
You count the cost
For everything you gain there’s always something lost
You’re worth so much more
Listen to my heart whispering
I need you

Empty words cannot suffice
I’ve been runnin’ from what I know is right
When only Yours are words of life

Every time you come around
Every time I make a sound

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ever get mad or irritated at someone for not dropping everything when you need them, even though you know that's way too much to demand of someone. You feel like a jerk for being aggrivated, but you would drop everything for this person.

All the time. And I can't come out and say "I really need you right now stop doing what you're doing and help me" b/c it'd make me a bitch. Even though I'd do that for them. Sometimes having friends can make things worse.