So I am sitting at Rose...chillin'....daing, that is a sweet Eart you might say...rooooound. Ok that was kind of random, but fun. I love that video, it never quite gets old.
So tomorrow is the day of judgement. No not the apocalypse, but close enough. I meet with the Board of Admissions and Standing to try and get back into Rose. Wish me luck and please please keep me in your prayers. I'm not sure if I can take another six months of being at home. I miss class so much as well. I miss working my brain and problem solving. I miss writing programs that do some pretty cool stuff. I miss having something to show for my efforts of the past month or so. I miss all the awesome people around all the time. I miss the most awesome Sunday night dinners--Sunday nights just aren't the same without them. I miss talks for way to long with some awesome people. I miss the routine of class, and absorbing as much information I can till my head may explode. In short, I miss Rose, everything about it.
It's been a pretty good week. Let rewind all the way to the play. My dinner theatre went very well. We got a great response from everyone who saw it. Some even told me that we should tour with it. It was such a great experience. My first full-length production. I had a most amazing cast too. These kids grew so much as actors, which was totally awesome to watch. One of the most rewarding experiences as a director, especially with such a young and inexperienced cast. There were a few screw ups as far as lines go, but that's live theatre for you. And they covered so well and stayed in character better than probably any cast I have ever been apart of. Yes, that includes both West and Rose theatre. I was just amazed at the ability they showed when it came down to it. At the end, I was actually emotionally caught up. These kids that I watched start out with such raw talents, had matured in the art so greatly. And I could depend on them so well. I seriously could not ask for a better cast. And they were so responsive to me as a director, that they were often a director's dream. I cannot express anything but pride for this cast.
So Nick and I went road tripping rather randomly these past few days. It was so much fun and so just spontaneous. First we went to Eastern to see Kiki, which was of course good times. We just hung out, got some Little Cesar's, and watched Harry Potter, since I had never seen any of them. I must say, some quality entertainment. I quite honestly don't see what the big fuss was about them. Why does my mother and so many right wing extremists hate them? It just confuses me. It's fantasy. I mean last time I looked, there were no half horse, half falcons roaming around. I dunno.
Yesterday we left Eastern and went to Chicago to see my little sister, Kasey. She has a nice little dorm, but very dirty suitemates. Wow. I have never seen a dirtier bathroom in my life. I know it's not Kasey, as I know Kasey and her cleanliness, but wow, I cannot describe how dirty that bathroom was. If you saw it and I told you it was a girl's bathroom, you would not believe me, but it's true. Besides being afriad to use the bathroom, the trip was great. We got there early and so we roamed the streets of Chicago, looking for a coffeeshop, like Starbucks or something. Amazingly enough, this was not easy to do. We finally found one and they closed at eight. Eight?! It's not like it was in the middle of six colleges (we counted them) and college students over want coffee after eight, especially if they are writing a paper. At least Java Haute is open 24 hours a day. And right on the way between Rose and our apartment next year. Hmmm, I think they may just get a little business from us next year........ Anyway, then Kasey finally got off work, so she took us up to her room, gave a tour of the place and we hung out. We watched some Boondock Saints and Jenny came over. It was some good times. Then this morning Kasey took us to lunch in between her crazy schedule of work and class. I don't know how she survives 35 hours of work a week and a full class load. Daing. Anywho, we went to this place called "Got Pizza?" which had some awesome pizza I must say. And then she had to head off to work for a while so we came back to Rose. Good times. I loved a lot fo the just driving around,and just talking with Nick. It was good times. Driving is so soothing sometimes.
Well not many deep thoughts from Bob right now, kinda way too focused on my meeting in the morning. Grrrrrrrrr. Not looking forward to it. Kind of have a bad feeling, which is not cool. I keep running over a billion and half scenarios in my head. I hate it, there's only one that I really like. Blah. Well I'll leave you with some Tait as I head to bed to get plenty of sleep before my interview with the infamous board. Peace.
I've been here before
It's hard to ignore
I'm so used to fighting
The same old wars
Oh what do you see when your looking at me
Have I taken You for granted
I can't afford this pain anymore
Won't You help me understand it
God can You hear me
I need You here tonight
I'm tired of pretending that everything's alright
And I know, I know that You hold tomorrow
But I need You here tonight
I want to feel
I need something real
I want to go closer to You
I lay down my will
Oh this human disease it's killing me
Tell me have I been left stranded
I can't ignore this pain anymore
Won't You help me understand it
Say won't You say that
You'll carry me
Carry me through the storm
Stay
Won't You stay
Till the morning comes
Morning comes
Just stay
Thursday, March 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YAY BOB!...I heard you got back in!!!!! That's my boy! I'm so glad your play went well. "I am le tired." and of course "WTF?!" Road trips are the best!
With love and a smile,
Karen
Post a Comment