Man oh man, it's getting close to opening night and I'm getting nervous. This show is really coming through though. I am very proud of all of my cast and all they have done for this production. The best part of this show is just simply watching so many of these kids grow as actors, a real sense of accomplishment. They are like my kids, my first students. I guess teachers will always have a special place in their heart for their first class, as I will this cast. I accidentally walked in on them getting together a director's gift, or at least the money. See Vinh (rhymes with "pin") decided to hold a "cast meeting" to get everyone together to discuss this, forgetting I am apart of the cast too. So someone told me he was having a cast meeting, I went to go see what he wanted. He feel kinda bad that I kinda ruined the surprise, but it made my night that they would make an effort. I didn't really expect anything at all. I just loved being able to do what I love, theatre.
A promise or a dare
I would jump if I knew you'd catch me
Staring over the edge
I can't tell if you'll be here for me
I close my eyes and make a wish
Turn out the lights and take a breath
Pray that when the wick is burned
You would say that it's all about love
So most of my co-workers are on call right now. See apparently they are expecting the Pope to die real soon and when that happens, we have to send out this letter of some sort to all Catholics everywhere. They even already have this letter made, this is how sure they are that the Pope will be dying soon. See he's currently in the hospital and I guess doctors don't expect him to make it through the night. I have no idea. Although it did make me wonder, how do they choose the next Pope? Is he elected? Bloodline? I have no idea.
You were there when I needed you
You were there when the skies broke wide, wide open
You were there when I needed you
You were there when the skies broke wide, wide open
So most of you know about my True Love Waits ring, and most everyone I know even supports it. I have never gotten crap for it, and most respect it about me. That is until I started working where I do now. A Catholic organization. Of all the places, I thought this would be the place I got the most support for it. It is so weird. Most everyone that I work with either laugh at me and then ask if I'm gay, or ask why on earth I would do that and just don't get it and keep giving me crap for it anyway. It confuses the crap out of me. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Need sleep. Play opens tomorrow, wish me luck. I will leave you with a link and some Jars of Clay. Oh and I am very sly. Bonus points if you can see why. Oh and bonus points still for finding the contest on my blog and doing it. Peace.
I remember you said
Love was more than your good intentions
Empty boxes on the floor
Things I never asked you for
I pray that when the wick is burned
You would say that it's all about love
I can't see the promise of
Excuses you fall upon
I pray to God not holding on
To things you've left undone
Thursday, February 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
a new pope is chosen by a closed conclave of all the bishops and cardinals that can attend. they decide on a candidate, usually someone who they've had in mind for awhile - a cardinal or bishop - and with a unanimous vote he will be elected. when elected, they signal the selection of the new pope by lighting a smoky fire in a certain fireplace.
Hello my darling Bob...GOOD LUCK! I know you'll be amazing...or I guess with the time, that it went great! Have a blast!...don't worry about the silly people at work. It's awesome, and they can be rather silly at times, TRUST me! Bye my love..
With love and a smile,
Karen
The dinner theater was absolutely AWESOME!!!! Good job, Bob!! I'm so happy I came! My parents really liked it too. I was going to aim you, but you aren't on right now, so I'll have to give all kudo's to you now, hehe. My dad (who normally falls asleep in these kind of things) thought the acting was phenomenal (sp?), and he really enjoyed himself. We really liked how you had the scenes move to the other set, so that we moved around, and it was cool because I didn't feel distracted by resetting scenes as I am normally when there's one stage. So, yeah, it was completely awesome.
The play was hilarious. The food was excellent. (You might have to make us some of the Texas bisquit-thingy's for Sunday night dinner!) Kudo's to your mom. Your brothers were both good too. I'm amazed by the talent in your family!
Okay, I've gone on and on and one, so I'll stop now. I just didn't know if I'd get a chance to tell you before break was over.
Great job! Your work paid off!
Post a Comment