Sunday, February 13, 2005

More Than Useless on a Sunday

So my computer is dead. And along with it, an awesome update that I had. Very, very grrrrsome. There is so much I had to write here that was gonna make you not mind the wait so much, because it was just that awesome. But now it's gone, and it is very sad.

(Think to the tune of "Poor Jud is Daid" from "Oklahoma!")
Poor Compaq is daid, pore Compaq Evo is daid;
All gather 'round his coffin now and cry.
He had a heart of gold and he wasn't very old,
Oh, why did such a fella have to die.


So this weekend I went and saw Lewis Black at the Pageant in the Lou. He is a very funny guy, and it was definately a good time. Erika came down to see it, and in return I helped her with her GREs, well the math section at least. I would be screwed as far as the english section goes, but she's the english major, so together we could obliterate the test. We saw it with Ryan, and his girlfriend Erin, Cole and his girlfriend Lisa, and Matt and his brother Ryan. Ryan looked so much thinner than I had remembered him that I barely recognized him. Before the show we all met at Fitz's (where else?) and I had one of the best Coney's prepared on earth. The only place I can imagine them being better, well, would be at Coney Island, where they originated, but they may even have there beat. And fresh draft Fitz's root beer is the liquid thats close enough to heaven. I absolutely love it. After the show, most people went home, but Erika and I went to Denny's to get some nice breakfast late at night (when else?) and just get to talk. I love getting to simply talk to that girl. It can just be so random, crazy, intelligent, fun, deep and friggin hilarious all at the same time. We saw Josh Weidler which is always interesting. That guy thinks so highly of himself very much of the time, and rather cocky, but can somehow pull off likeable every once in a while. As long as we aren't talking about him, we can have some fun time together. And then Ian Randall came walking in. Now thats a fun guy, and about as completely random is they get sometimes. He's prolly the only white guy on earth that can pull off the fro like he does. He and Kyle are putting together another 24 hour play festival and they want me to be apart. How can I resist? It will be on a weekend, so even if I am back at Rose, I can come down to the B-Ville for it. I had such a blast on the previous one, I would be insane to say, no not this time.

So I took the Intermediate Java Programming course at University of Missouri-St. Louis, and well, it was all review. I didn't learn one thing. No I take that back, I learn case switch loops, as we never used them in CS 120, but that is it. And it all could have been done in an if statement just as easy if not easier. Anyway, all it did for me was refreh me mind on Java. That's it. So I paid over $300 for a refresher. And my father wanted me to take the Intro to Java class, doubting that I had learned everything they were going to cover in the Intro class. After talking with the prof, turns out, I've already learned all the Advanced Java Programming stuff as well, so there was nothing more they could teach me in Java. Is that sad or what? What the hell classes am I supposed to take here?? Why take a class that isn't gonna mean squat in my degree?

I get the horrible feeling that I'm not gonna get back in this spring. I have have sent a couple emails to Dr. Graves, the head of the board trying to figure out if I am on the right path to be back in the spring and if not, what else can I do? Basically he gave me thing they like to see, big one being an A or B in a couple complete classes at a local college or something, showing long term commitment. I don't have that long. So I found a class that met in the little time I'm here before spring term. He just doesn't seem to get it. I am working my butt off here. I want to be back at Rose more than anything in this world and knowing it's my very last chance, I will do anything I need to do to get there and stay. There is no better medicine in motivation to stay in school than living at home for 3 months. On the bright side, I now for sure have a place I can live in the spring. Zach and Aydrian have offered to let me stay at their house, so it will be nice and then I will have the apartment with Nick, Adam and hopefully Mike next year.

So fall back on all of your premonitions
And just learn to listen
To those that have more wisdom than you
And just stop
Putting so much stock
In all of this stuff
Live your life for those you love


Relient K is such an awesome band. I wasn't a huge fan of their latest CD, but it has definately grown on me. Still not a big fan of a couple songs, but I love many others on it.

And lately the weather
Has been so Bi-polar
And Consequently so have I
And now I'm sunny with a High of 75
Since You took my heavy heart
And made it light
And its funny how you find
You enjoy your life
When you're happy to be alive


So I apologize for not being able to update much lately, these next few posts are gonna suck until I get my computer back so that I can just write stuff that pops into my head, and actually have meat to my blogs, so bear with me. It's ahrd to be able to get a good post when you are fighting for time on this computer. So if you don't feel like checking that often for the next couple of weeks, I totally understand.

I am a hostage to my own humanity
Self detained and forced to live in this mess I’ve made
And all I’m asking is for You to do what You can with me
But I can’t ask You to give what You already gave


So I was going through an old folder of mine and I found this:

Just a Little Something Girls Should Know About Guys

1. We're NOT as big of perverts as you think we all are.
2. No matter what you say, your ex-boyfriend IS an ass.
3. We like you to give us hugs and kisses too.
4. Don't argue with us when we call you beautiful.
5. Don't treat us like shit.
6. We know you're pretty, that's one of the reason's we're going out with you.
7. Don't go into detail about your period. It scares us.
8. If you have cramps and we ask you what's wrong, just say it's that time of the month and nothing more.
9. If you really liked us for us, you would let us think that our mustache, beard, or sideburns looked cool.
10. We'll never shave our legs. So get over it.
11. NEVER ask us if you can put make up on us. It's just wrong.
12. Don't make bets about us, because one of your friends will tell us, if you don't.
13. When we tell you that you're not fat, believe us.
14. We absolutely do not care about, The Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, 98 degrees, or what any other guy looks like for that matter.
15. We may not be able to pee accurately all of the time, but at least we can stand up and pee.
16. Just because you think you're always right, doesn't mean you don't have to apologize when you're wrong.
17. You expect us to say and do sweet things for you, but it would be nice if you did the same every once in a while.
18. We can't always be spontaneous, so try to help us make the plans sometimes.
19. Don't ask us to beat up another guy for you, because you might get what you wish for.
20. Never kick us in the nuts "just to see what we'd say."
21. Never pretend like you are going to break up with us and laugh when we believe you.
22. Pamela Anderson's boobs aren't fake anymore, but we like yours better anyway.
23. Size doesn't matter, except to idiots who don't want a relationship.
24. PMS is not an excuse.
25. If you want us to put the seat down when we're done, you should put it up when you're done.
26. Don't tell us how cute your ex-boyfriend was. That doesn't turn us on.
27. Always remember: The way to a guy’s heart is through his stomach...and maybe...oh never mind.
28. NEVER ask us to kiss other guys. You might be that comfy with your friends, but to us it’s just wrong.
29. We always notice how funny it is after your rip out our heart, stick it down our throat, and still want to be friends.
30. And last but not least: We know you're not always right, but we'll pretend like you are anyway.


I found it quite humorous, even though I don't completely agree with all of them, but many of them are soo true. ::Cough:: 5! 13! 24! ::cough::

I think I will follow the trend I have set in this post and end with some Relient K. If you haven't heard these guys, you are totally missing out, and you have not heard Relient K, till you have heard them live.

I feel like, I would like
To be somewhere else doing something that matters
And I'll admit here, while I sit here
My mind wastes away and my doubts start to gather
Whats the purpose? It feels worthless
So unwanted like I've lost all my value
I can't find it, not in the least bit
and I'm just scared, so scared that I'll fail you

And sometimes I think that I'm not any good at all
And sometimes I wonder why, why I'm even here at all
But then you assure me

I'm a little more than useless
And when I think that I can't do this
You promise me that I'll get through this
And do something right
Do something right for once

So I say if I can't, do something significant
I'll opt to leave most opportunities wasted
And nothing trival, that life could give me will
Measure up to what might have replaced it
Too late look, my date book
Is packed full of days that were empty and now gone
And I bet, that regret
Will prove to get me to improve in the long run

I’m a little more than useless
And I never knew I knew this
Was gonna the day, gonna be the day
That I would do something right
Do something right for once

I notice, I know this
Week is a symbol of how I use my time
Resent it, I spent it
Convincing myself the world's doing just fine
Without me
Doing anything of any consequence
Without me
Showing any sign of ever making sense
Of my time , it's my life
And my right, to use it like I should
Like he would, for the good
Of everything that I would ever know

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! An update!! Sorry that your computer died on you. :-/ Can you get it fixed when you come to visit? 'Cause that would be awesome. Can't wait to chill with ya on Friday!
~Jesseca :@>

N said...

(to the tune of handl's "hallelujah chorus) bob updated, bob updated...

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!! Hope it was a good one!

MD said...

I'll join that chorus. "Bob updated, Bob updated..." Hehe. I had to comment, as a sort of positive reinforcement. That list(about girls) was pretty much all true. They talk about how they want to be all worldy and independent, but then they never take the initiative. Bah. You can't have both honey, make up your mind. Personally, I just assume that if the girl puts forth no effort on her own, then she is either not interested, or if she is, she's not my type anyway. But enough about girls. Glad to see you blogged again Bob =)

N said...

the more i learn about the opposite sex (in a scientific sense) the more i forgive them...

Anonymous said...

oh good....there's hope for us females yet...
~Jesseca :@>

N said...

jesseca, on the other hand, just makes up for it.

Anonymous said...

Hope to see you back in the spring! Good luck! ~ Snizzle