Sunday, February 20, 2005

Hello McFly on a Sunday Night

So I had a great time in the Haute this weekend. I love all of my Rose-Hulman people and cannot wait to be back. Hopefully I will have a strong case for readmission. It's crazy sometimes. I even miss the final stress, although finals time was always a rather relaxing time for me. By the end of the term I normally have it or I don't. I review the stuff to make sure it is fresh on my mind, but comapred to the normal stress of constant homework in every class and figuring out how to get it all done in the allotted time, finals are cake. At least during finals you have had a taste of the tests now and you can study for one at a time and not worry about the next, unless you have a couple back to back finals, but even then you only have to study for two at once when during the normal schedule, you are working on 5 homeowrk assignments in one night. Not to mention you keep telling yourself, I can do this, only X hours left, and the end is in sight and when you finish that final, it is all over and out of your hands, and so much weight is simply lifted off your shoulders. Yeah, finals time is a great time and for once, I actually miss it.

My mother is signing me up for an appointment with a doctor about the possibility of my having Adult ADD. I think I may have a slight case of. I don't think I ever had it as bad as my little brother had it, but I would not be surprised the least bit if I do have at least a mild case of ADD.

Cynical, just your way
You play the doubting thomas
Feel the scars and wipe the stains
So you fight, and retreat
And talk yourself out of believing
In any peace that you can’t see
You're logical, you can’t find
Any reason to believe in love
You are blind


So, my computer, like me, prefers Rose to home. I take it to Rose to get fixed and I go to back up my important docs onto Adam's external hard drive. I get that done, and am rather impressed that it hasn't crashed on me yet as it had so many times before. So I keep it on, so I can show Nick better what happened. And it does great. So I leave it on, and use it all Friday and then on to Saturday. In fact now it is not only working, but going faster than it had before. So I'm thinking awesome, it just needed a decent rest and it's fine. I pack it up and take home since it no longer needs to see IAIT. Turn it on at home and get this nice "Non-system disk error" message, the beautiful black screen of death. I think to myself, I think I have gotten this message a couple other times before. Hmmmmmmmm, when was that? Oh yeah the other times my hard drive flipped me off before falling on its sword. I press any button like it says but it continues to flash this fateful screen at me taunting me, so I try a nice Ctl-Alt-Del and it restarts and guess what screen it comes back to 10 second into boot up? Yup, thats right, nice black screen of death. So turns out this hard drive at seen its last days. What is with the Compaq hard drives and being total crap? I have gone through four in two and a half years. That means on average these hard drives are lasting less than 8 months. Thats pitiful. And I'm not the only one with this problem, I hear it's a common thing with Rose student who has a Compaq. What can I do to help preserve my hard drive so it doesn't crap out on me on such a regualr basis?

It seems it’s always the crazy times
You find you’ll wake up and realize
It takes more than your saline eyes
To make things right


So bonus points to the person to find the contest I posted on my facebook a while ago. Even more bonus points to the person to win the contest and post it here.

So props to the people who made my weekend so awesome. I don't want to name names here as I am bound to forget someone, and if you made my weekend, you know who you are. Especially the person who I had car troubles for, you make it worth it all and more.

I don't have much but I'll leave you with some old school Relient K.

A roll of the dice
A slip of the tongue
I was stirring up the hornets' nest
and finally got me stung
Said I'd do the right thing
But the wrong was done
It's over, exuse my grammer
But the fat lady sung

And I wish I was Michael J Fox
I'd visit the past
Then come back to the future (Hello McFly)
When I cleaned up my act
Yeah I don't know
What went through my head
Was my conscience shot?
Was it left for dead?

I said I'm sorry
But no one heard
'cause actions (actions) actions
Actions speak louder than words

I think I made God angry
and I'm sure that he's irate
I just hope my remorse was not too little too late
Even my track record
He gave me a clean slate
I'm forgiven and I'm livin'
With no sin on my plate

2 comments:

N said...

i love "crazy times". man, i haven't heard that song in so long... dl'ing....

Karen said...

It was AWESOME to get to know the B-O-B a little bit better... Have an awesome week, and good luck with you re-admittance!
With love and a smile,
Karen