So my boss from the job back at home is retarded. She left a message on my cell phone today because she was looking over the timesheet and she noticed that I had not been at work all of last week. She wanted to know what had happened and if there was a medical problem or something. ::blink, blink:: I QUIT!!!! I gave her a two week notice, she wrote it down in my file (I saw her do it), I even called the day before my last to remind her that the next day would be my last so she could make sure she has someone to replace me the following week, and they were wondering where I was. And it even took a week for them to figure out I was gone. WTF, mate??
So today was my first day of classes. Not too bad, sounds like I'm gonna have a few good profs, but I fear my Electronic Device Modeling prof is a d-bag. It could have just been today, or maybe it was late in the day on little sleep, I dunno, but I really did not care for him today. He was even telling the class that he no longer handed out his notes because "a few retards in the term before us commented on the evaluations that it seemed like he simply read from his notes and didn't do anything else", so now we just don't have the notes to know if he does that or not. He doesn't improve his teaching from the eval, but cover his faults better. Yeah that's the kind of guy I want to learn from. Whatever. At least I still have Sherman, Mutchler and Casey. These three seem like three excellent profs. I've had Casey before and he teaches very well and you can go talk to him any time. As long as I stay organized in that class, I should be fine. Mutchler believes in a lot of doing to learn programming which I strongly agree with, as well as he will be teaching us C as well, which will come in handy for my CPE classes. Sherman is rather funny and definately knows his stuff, so I look forward to that class. I am looking forward to getting back into a rhythm again. I also have the best schedule that I think may have ever had here at Rose. I have the lightest load I've ever had with only 16 credit hours, and I even have a weekend Wednesday. Very quality. Now I just have twenty two-day weeks to get through, something much more manageable. That was one thing I liked about my job back at home. I got to work at 8 and then we had a fifteen minute break at 10, work till half hour lunch break at noon, work till break at 2:30 then get off at 4:30. I never worked more than two hours at a time, making work a lot more bearable. When you keep your mind set at only x minutes till my next break, that x minutes was never more than 120, in fact you rarely started looking at the clock again till you had been working for an hour, so now its less than an hour till your next break, instead of counting down how long you are there that day. But here at Rose, with weekend Wednesdays, my Mondays feel like Thursdays and my Tuesdays like Fridays. A lot better way to get through the week.
Well not much more here. I'll leave ya with some Jars of Clay. Great band. I love their simple acoustic melodies. Awesome lyrics.
I love the way, I love the way you carry on
You make me wanna say, you make me wanna sing another love song
Sing another love song, sing another love song
Sing another love song to you
Bury my head for the shame, you pick me up, you say I look like
you
Though it makes no sense to me, You make me believe that I could
trust someone
I walk through flame, I touch the fire, you know that I still
burn for you
Flood water rain crash down, soak the ground, still I thirst for
you
Still I thrist for you
Sing another love song, sing another love song
Though it makes no sense to me, you make me wanna sing
Make me wanna sing
Monday, March 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wednesday weekends are like god's weekly smiles...
paragraph breaks make blogs easier to read.
Post a Comment