So I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I hate this. I would like to leave an audition feeling like the director has seen a good chunk of what I can do. The last time I left an audition with a pretty good feeling, was well, for Picasso back in high school. I was told they no longer needed me before they even had me read for Picasso, the part Bunny even told me she could see me as. Auditions here are a joke. Why are they run by the technical director?? The director, herself, really doesn't do squat but sit there and watch. Um, who's show is this? Well, anyway, I asked Bunny if I could read for Picasso, which Bunny who hates confrontation, of course agreed to. Although she had me read the other scene with Picasso, not the one we had seen before and could show that I can do it better than those who had done it already. I think a few of the other people who read for Picasso got his ego down for the most part, but don't seem to get him past the ego. I wanted to show all the aspects of Picasso and it can be shown so well in the scene others read for. I think I did a pretty good job with the scene I was given though. I showed an egotistical, loved by the ladies and he knows it, frantic artist, without overplaying a certain one. I pulled the room in and not a sound was heard but Danna and I. At the end they clapped with Greg saying, we're done with you as if to say, it all doesn't matter, go home. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I've been screwed lately enough with the stealing of my show and not being allowed to direct because a member of film club and someone who isn't even a student any more were directing that I don't need this as well. Maybe all this ranting is premature, but I have a horrible feeling about it.
In other news, I have lost my cell phone. If you know where it is, please let me know as I am looking frantically all over the place for it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Hmmm, so not much else to say. I think I will leave you with some Tait that just seems to fit right now.
Slipping away
Are we sleeping at the wheel and unaware now
Has the population put us in a trance now
Overtaken by the tide and washed away now
What do you say now
In a daze
Are we moving in the motion of the crowd now
Slowly losing everything we were about now
Is it time to draw a line in the sand now
And take a stand now
Somebody talk to me
Am I all alone
When are we gonna wake up
Are we numb
Is the feeling gone
Tell me what went wrong
Are we numb
Close your eyes
Let the world pass by
Now you're hypnotized
Are we numb
Moving away
From the heart of everything we tried to be now
Just stop look and tell me what you see now
We've been taken like the winds across the sea now
We've gotta break free now
Mesmerized
Desensitized
Before my eyes
I'm paralyzed
We're drifting, we're dreaming, we're floating away
So many times we just watch pass by
The tick tock of life leaving us hypnotized
Mesmerized a stun gun leaving you in a daze
Better wake up now before you find yourself slipping away
All we know
Is the feeling numb
Wednesday, March 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
notice how nick didn't bother to go to auditions last night? that's because they're BULLSHIT.
pardon my swahili.
Justified swahili. Don't feel bad, this is not new. I never had a lead... good parts were given away to people who I felt were less qualified, although perhaps I was probably wrong objectively -- I still don't think so.
To get a lead, I had to create my own show: produce, direct, stage-manage and publicize "The Complete History of the World -- Abridged". If you want it bad enough, make your complete history. :)
Post a Comment