Saturday, October 22, 2005

Seven-Eighty on a Sunday Night

QOTD: "I don't want my mom to f#@$ me up....because I thnk it would be awkward and uncomfortable." ~ Maggie

No one has commented on dating yet. Come on people. I know you all have comments about dating, things you don't like, things you wish about dating. I want to know what people think. Am I alone in my thoughts on dating? Maybe there is something I hadn't thought about. If so, what? I know you all think about it. So, let's hear it. Comment anonymously if you don't want people to see your thoughts on it. Just speak up.

OQOTD: "I don't really pay any attention when people talk." ~ Adam

Taquitos are a wonderful thing, especially in flour tortilla variety. Mmmmmmmm.

Ever get to know a person in a completely different light than everyone else? So when everyone you can't stand this person, you give them a chance and actually like the person. You don't like a couple things they have done, but you're not a grudge person and think you would actually get along with them. Some people tell you how they are just a horrible person, but another wants to spend the rest of their life with them, so you are torn. Just makes you wonder sometimes.

So we tried out Real Hacienda tonight. Yeah that new one on Wabash. It was quite tasty I must say. And the main course came fast. And for the price they charge, I definately would recommend it to any mexican food lover.

Some people only continue to confuse me. Sometimes people seem to act different than they tell you, or at least it seems. So you start to wonder if you can trust what they tell you. Hmmmm.

Had a good talk with Caroline tonight. It was really nice. There are nights when that girl is a good talk. Still very confusing, but interesting. She has very different logic from anyone I know, making it harder to understand her sometimes, but she is still fun to talk to.

So apparently I am to list 5 random thing about me and then tag 5 more people. S here it goes I guess.

1. I am organized to max and the most unorganized person you will meet at the same time. With some things I am a mess, and many things I cannot keep things organized for the life of me. But at the same time I will organize things past organization to near OCD some times. Maybe it all depends on what it is.

2. I love to cook. It is almost a stress release for me. I can cook wonderful dishes and I am proud of it. The kitchen can be such a wonderful place for me some days, which is probably why I am so OCD about my kitchen.

3. I love to discover a new CD. And whn I discover it, I play it to the max. I pretty much will play a CD until either I am sick of it or it drives my roommates nuts, whichever comes first. That music will often set the tone for my week, so I like happy music better.

4. You can gain respect from me, rather fast initially. Maybe I'm naive, but after knowing you for a very short time, I will trust you with a lot. That is yours to lose. But once you lose it, good luck getting most of it back. You will probably never get all of it back, it will be hard as hell to get what you lost back at all. But initially, I'll put my neck on the line for you.

5. I love to performing and baseball. If that was all there was to life, I could quite possibly be completely content. On the performance end, it doesn't matter whether it is theatre, music, or simply making jokes with friends. I love having an audience. A packed crowd for a play just simply excites me to no end. I have never had stage fright. The bigger the audience the better. No one I think will ever understand my love for baseball. I take that back, my dad might. But no one around here. Very few things calm me like throwing a baseball. Hearing that crack of the mitt from a baseball hitting the pocket right. Swinging a bat at the ball. Watching it sail into the air. I love that. Especially watching that soaring ball you have just hit. It's a beautiful thing. That's what I love about batting practice over a game. You can swing away and just watch that baseball soar. Love it.

Now to tag. Jesseca, Sami (you both can do it in the form of a comment), Leslie, Crystal, and Katie.

I wasn't even gonna blog tonight, but I get some funny quotes and then just started writing and didn't stop. Speaking of which I did some new creative writing. Jesseca will be happy. :-D

Well I will leave you with a This Day And Age song that I was enjoying earlier today. Peace.

i still don't want to play your game you said the thrill has been lost and can't be regain you said you rather watch the
rain than think of me cuz it makes you feel so free

we'll walk past the memories i will wave as you turn away if i was talking to you and not writing this maybe i can show
you something you haven't seen my lips would fight my mind i say things at the right time

i'll still wait for you if thats what it took we could run into the future without a second look you said you rather
change the wind than think of me cuz you need room to breathe

if i was talking to you and not writing this maybe i can show you something you haven't seen my lips would fight my mind
i say things at the right time

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My comment on dating is that it sucks and I'm too lazy to do it. Thank goodness for Kevin. I secretly think he's lazy too. Plus, ppl jump into sex too fast which freaks me out. I'll post tomorrow b/c I have chem lab in 5 hours so I should be asleep.

Rabbi said...

I think it is a good thing, but what I have seen here at rose, is that it doesn't really exist. There seems to be the mindset of that there is no dating around, but when you are dating someone than you are exclusivly dating them which confuses me. To summerize: good thing, that doesn't exist at rose

MD said...

Some people date around, and others get pissed at them. It seems to be an enforced standard.

However, it's what I prefer. If I'm interested in someone, I tend to not spread my efforts.

Anonymous said...

dating just seems to make people miserable. Oh and I di dmy tagged thingies.

Weasel said...

Dating is like the theory of gravity. We all know what it is and are familiar with it in some way, but nobody understands it entirely. It is complex and confusing. There are ambiguous definitions and loose distinctions between actions and intents. In theory, action X should illicit action Y, but in practice action X illicits a slap to the face and the cold shoulder. Dating can suck, but it can also be tons of fun. In the end, everything is a dice shoot. You have a good chance of throwing a 7 or snake eyes on any given date, so just roll up your sleeves and give it a go. In the end you will always have good friends and good beer to help wipe heartache from memory and you will have good friends and good beer to help celebrate your dating successes. The moral of the story is to try your best because nobody really knows what is going on, nobody can predict the future, and everyone is horny to some degree. Later, Bob.

Sami said...

My 5 things:

1. I have two grass runway’s next to my house. One is my parent’s and the other one is our best friends’. We have our own little airpark with my parents and their two best-friend flying couples. We have a twin-engine Aztec, a Cessna 172, and a bonanza. We used to have a helicopter, as well, but my dad crashed in it. My favorite airplane was our Cessna 210, but Dad sold it.

2. I’ve never had cable in my life, and I didn’t have satellite until my junior year of high school. Now, I don't watch tv at all.

3. I’m a boy scout. Yes, a boy scout. I even had a card that said “Samantha [ucky last name] is a member of Boy Scouts of America.” I went to Philmont, carried a 60-lb pack and didn’t shower for 11 days. And I was hailed on in the summer in Arizona while walking down a mountain in a drought area to the point that it looked like snow.

4. I normally get more sleep in the week than the weekend.

5. Although I used to be a warm child, I am now the coldest girl ever. My hands and feet are always ice cold, and sometimes they turn colors and I lose feeling.