So apparently I have been freaking out a few people with my blog. Well, don't worry I am fine. I often like to blog after something has happened to me and I am fuming. This is a release for me. If I have an issue with someone, I will talk to them about it, not simply just blog about it. I may blog about it first, but I will take it up with them once I am calm and can have a logical and rational conversation. I can't let something brew for very long without talk to the person about it. That's just how I am.
She looked great, like she always did. I'm not sure which was harder, the awkwardness of being together in the house, but not together, or to see how happy he made her just as I had once. It was nice to see the smile again, even though it did hurt.
Ever just want to go do something, but you don't want a lot of people around? I mean, I am a very social person. I love being around people, often the more the merrier. But tonight I just wanted to go somewhere with a close friend. That's it. I felt like a jerk though. Some times a guy just needs some personal time. Some time that you can just sit down and talk with someone and have a deep conversation, and that's tough with a large group. I never really get that any more unless I take a number and get scheduled in. Damn being busy.
So apparently when I brought up the dating issue a few posts back, and got a few interesting responses about it, but none in the form of a comment, and none of which as a well thought out statement of how you feel about it. So that's what I'd like to see here. We all have our opinions on how we think dating should go. I want to hear yours.
Watching Saving Private Ryan right now. Such a wonderful movie. If you ever watch that movie, I mean really watch that movie, and you know someone in the military, especially someone close, it can really get to you. Very moving. One quote sticks out to me, partially because it was quoted to me at Field Training, "Earn this." Every day we put on that uniform, representing the men and women who have died for our freedom, representing all that our military stands for, we were called to earn that honor, because yes, it is an honor. Those two words really move me and cause me to strongly consider still applying for OTS once I get my degree. I still stand at attention for the national anthem, I still take such pride in that flag.
Not much more to say. So I will just leave you with some Incubus. Great stuff.
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear
Take the wheel and steer
It's driven me before
And it seems to have a vague, aunting mass appeal
But lately I am beginning to find that I
Should be the one behind the wheel
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes
So if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine and hold my own and drive?
It's driven me before
And it seems to be the way that everyone else gets around
But lately I'm beginning to find that
When I drive myself my light is found
So whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes
Would you kill the Queen to crush the hive?
Would you choose water over wine
Hold the wheel and drive?
Saturday, October 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I tend to vent in my blog too. It makes things better. The party was great too. I love your fedora.
Post a Comment