"Oh the drama." That has been the quote of the month it seems. It only continues to amaze me around here. Now don't get me wrong, I don't claim to be innocent of all the drama around me. I am just as guilty, but it only contiues to grow around here. I think I need to get away for a little. I talked about running away to Hawaii with a close friend, but those plans fell through. Hmm maybe just St. Louis will have to do.
I really hope my boys make it to the World Series. Especially now that I have a ticket.
Sometimes I wish we could just go abck to old fashioned dating. I mean, what ever happened to that? You would ask a girl out on a date. One date. Uno. Ein. Un. One. You go to a restaurant, go see a movie, and maybe go somewhere to talk afterwards, assuming you are enjoying the night so far. You get to know each other. One on one. The original dating rules apply, no kissing on the first date, etc... At the end of the night you decide whether or not you want a second date. If not, it ends right there and you go on your merry way. Otherwise you plan another date. There is no huge commitment, you're simply getting to know each other. After a couple dates, maybe you decide that you really like this person and want to date this person and this person only. This is called going steady. It is not a given when dating someone. You've been dating this person for a while and continue to love every moent with them and start thinking about the future, now it is getting a little serious. See? Don't you get it? It doesn't have to be smething serious right away. You can simply date someone. What a better way to get to know them?
People read too much into things sometmes. And maybe thats my fault. I sometimes try to be cryptic and sometimes it's easier to read than a billboard, so they think they can read it all. Not to mention being cryptic sparks curiousity. However this isn't gonna stop me from being cryptic.
I kinda blog in spurts. Maybe this affect my readership. But who knows.
Wow, talking to 9 people on AIM at the same time. And blogging. That should really be resumeable skill. It really shows my multitasking ability.
I started writing last night and was actually able to pull out some lyrics. Something I have been working on for a while now. I wanted my songs to have some meat to the lyrics, so I wanted to write about something I felt strongly about. Not Corona, sorry Adam.
I am really excited about the 24 hour play festival that we are bringing to Rose-Hulman. We are involving a lot of alumni in it, something that rather excites me. This is unique that we can involve alumni who live far away from here as they only have to commit to 24 hours and can often come visit for a weekend, no problem. Such a great alumni relations project, not to mention what a fun project in general. I just feed off the excitement others have for it, and often it is my excitement that gets them excited.
Some people only continue to confuse me. I mean I realize that some people you have to take nearly everything they say with a grain of salt, but I am continually confused.
Wel I think I will end on some appropriate Relient K. Yay Drama. That could be a TSAV shirt.
what's up dude?
i'm getting kind of bored
let's get some food
and then hit movies 4
what's going on?
whats up with all our friends?
let's start a rumor
just to find out where it ends
cause a small town is like a small stage
for teenagers and their drama
instead of playing shows, we'll be showing plays
like 90210 without the beverly hills
well, don't you think (don't you think), don't you think it's high time
that we never settle down (never settle down)
well, don't you think (don't you think), don't you think it's high time
that we get out of this town (get out of this town)
cause if we leave then we just might be okay
hoopes i did it again
i messed everything up, and i think i hurt my friends
hoopes i did it again
relationships that work are things that i can't comprehend
ohio has the flavor of a water chestnut
it's not too crazy and it's not the best but
we're not setting forest fires just out of boredom
i'd rather see a movie if in fact i can afford one
cause a small town is like a small stage
for teenagers and their drama
instead of playing shows, we'll be showing plays
like 90210 without the beverly hills
well, don't you think (don't you think), don't you think it's high time
that we never settle down (never settle down)
well, don't you think (don't you think), don't you think it's high time
that we get out of this town (get out of this town)
cause if we leave then we just might make a difference
and if we leave then we just might be okay
and i don't think it would hurt to get away
hoopes i did it again
i messed everything up, and i think i hurt my friends
hoopes i did it again
relationships that work are things that i can't comprehend
dan bakitus said i'm shallow
he said i've got no integrity
but, i don't know dan bakitus
and dan bakitus, he don't know me
cause we always say in canton
you can't enjoy (canton joy) yourself
well, there's truth to that
but may i add
it's not half bad
and never less than that
Monday, October 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Boo for Drama...Ya for Bob :-D
I would be upset if you wrote lyrics down for the Corona Song without my input.
Post a Comment