Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Attention on a Monday Night

QOTD: "Well, [midgets] are God's little punch lines." ~Cleveland (Family Guy)

Kind of annoyed right now. I thought things were getting better, and then this happens. I don't understand it. Grrrrrrrrrrr. You know who you are, we need to talk.

So today I woke up and my foot is a little more swollen than before and the toe next to my big toe is starting bruise. So I put up my foot all day except to go to class. That will drive me nuts. I hate being stuck in one place for so long. If I am ever bed ridden, I may go nuts. I really don't want to have to go to a hospital for this, but if it doesn't start at least looking better soon, I may have to. If you have ever broken a toe, feel free to leave advice.

Is it sad that I get excited when my classes have homework? I'm used to at least a couple good sized homework assignments a week, per class. It's kind of a relief, but rather weird too.

Contact is such a good movie. There are so many political things hiding inside the plot. I was talking to Nick the other day and he brought up something that I found rather interesting. You can tell a lot about a person by what they think the writer is trying to get across with it. What does this movie mean to you?

Not much more. I leave you with some more The Academy Is...

Attention! Attention!
May I have all your eyes and ears to the front of the room,
if only, if only for one second.

This table has taken a turn for the worst.
Rock bottom and over the edge
well it's not like it hurts that much anyway.
Upside down and inside out.
When I leave here I'm going alone.
Well it's not like, it not like it hurts much anyway.

Attention! Attention!
May I have all your eyes and ears to the front of the room,
if only, if only for one second.
Will you hear what I have to say?
Oh, did I mention when I see you it stings like hell?
To the fact that we could have something that'll never happen.
Will you hear what I have to?

This balance has weighed out our heart's desire.
I'm trying to make it alone.
Well it's not like it hurts that much anyway.
Upside down and inside out.
When I leave here I'm going alone.
But I'm dying, I'm dying to touch.
And it's not like, it not like it hurts much anyway.

1 comment:

Sara Beth said...

Put really hot water and epsom salt in a bucket and soak your foot in it. I'm doing the same to my ankle right now. We can be gimp buddies!

Hope all is well at TSAV!