Watched "Singing in the Rain" with Jesseca today. That is such an awesome musical. I am so jealous of Gene Kelly's ability to dance. I would give my left arm (who needs a left arm anyway, really) for Gene Kelly's dancing ability and charisma. I could any girl I wanted. If you are a girl and disagree let me know, but you know you want Gene Kelly or at least would if he were in his early 20s and still alive.
Movies of before definately have a much different feel to them. The ability to sing and dance were valued a lot more back then. Donald O'Connor is hilarious. He plays such a third wheel. Poor guy. I want to write a show about the main character's sidekick. That guy that is the suporting lead and just gets screwed but smiles through it all and supports his best friend who seems to get any girl he wants.
I can't wait for Pike Foam. I love dancing so much. I've missed it a lot this summer. If you want to go to it, let me know and I'll get you more details, but it's goona be a blast.
I am so glad to see everyone getting back. I hope I still get to see a lot of the Rose people. It will be a lot harder, that's for sure. I'll just have to drop by and say hi every once in a while. Those of you who live in sororiety houses with ridiculous rules, you'll have to come by the TSAV house.
Had a good talk with my dad tonight. I am glad we can talk about stuff. Definately makes things a lot easier. I just wish it was more of a two way street.
Chicago is playing in the background. Gotta love it. This is the second year in a row that I have roomed with a Chicago fan. Good stuff. Such nice and chill music.
"Can you dig it? Yes, I can."
~"Saturday in the Park", Chicago
Rather looking forward to Sports Information this year. I think it's gonna be a lot of fun. We need to prank Kevin again, before he gets us back. Mwahahahaha, this is gonna be a fun year.
Well, I should probably get to bed. So I will leave you with some Singing in the Rain to enjoy. And if you have never seen it before, I suggest you rent it. It's amazing.
I think this song sings true for blogs too. People really want to be entertained. People comment more when there is a joke or riddle. However, my blog is not simply entertainment, but me expressing my observations and seeing what your thoughts are on them, or if I'm just crazy. Anyway, enjoy some Donald O'Connor.
Make 'em laugh. Make 'em laugh.
Don't you know everyone wants to laugh.
My dad said, "Be an actor, my son,
But be a comical one."
They'll be standin' in lines
For those old honky tonk monkeyshines.
Or you could study Shakespeare and be quite elite,
And you charm the critics and have nothin' to eat.
Just slip on a banana peel, the world's at your feet.
Make 'em laugh. Make 'em laugh. Make 'em laugh.
Make 'em... Make 'em laugh.
Don't you know everyone wants to laugh?
My grandpa said, "Go out and tell 'em a joke,
But give it plenty of hoke."
Make 'em roar. Make 'em scream.
Take a fall, butt a wall, split a seam.
You start off by pretending you're a dancer with grace.
You wiggle 'till they're gigglin' all over the place.
And then you get a great big custard pie in the face.
Make 'em laugh. Make 'em laugh. Make 'em laugh.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
what ridiculus rules? it is just that no one comes over to see me...
Bob. You are such a stud.
if you want to learn to dance, i can attempt to teach you. no promises....
Post a Comment