Thursday, August 25, 2005

Sophomore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year on a Thursday Night

Totally in a Fall Out Boy mood all day. Totally rocking.

So home was a rather nice change of pace. When did my family become so friggin' busy? I can't remember the last time I had a real homecooked meal, which if you know my mother's cooking, you know thats really sad. I long for some Mom's cooking.

My birthday was awesome. Thanks to everyone who put their efforts in to make it as awesome as it was. Witt, that trip to Taco Bell was a blast. How pitiful was it that everyone else passed out before me at my 21st birthday party? Pretty pitiful.

So apparently I have been tagged. So I am supposed to list ten things that make me happy and then tag five more people. So here it goes:
1. The Cardinals
2. Baseball in general
3. Friggin' awesome friends that go through the effort to actually plan something for my birthday.
4. Relient K and Fall Out Boy
5. Fun random calls from the people I love
6. Hearing from my little brother when he even goes out of his way to contact me.
7. Awesome hot tub conversations
8. Someone you can talk to about anything and everything after everyone has gone to sleep.
9. My TSAV bros
10. Skirt season

And now I am going to tag:
1. Katie Hagerty
2. Steph Hagerty
3. Elaine Kratz
4. Leslie Obst
5. My Dad

So there you go. Take that. And those I tagged, let me know when you do it.

So I have started classes at ISU. Looks like they will be interesting and managable, a good combination.

Killer has been here since I got back from St Louis, and it has been fun to have her around. She made awesome enchiladas tonight. They were quite tasty.

Tony LaRussa, manager for the Cardinals has just climbed above Sparky Anderson for sole possession of 3rd place in the All Time Wins for a Manager. Congratulations, Tony, you deserve it. What a better pitcher to bring him this win than Matt Morris, someone who has struggled, but Tony has hung with him through the thick and thin and Morris has come through for Tony time and time again since his rookie year. Truly a historical moment. Now let's get Tony that World Series ring as the Cardinal skipper.

Well I don't have a lot to say tonight, sorry, but I will leave you with this Fall Out Boy song that has been stuck in my head all day. Good song.

Are we growing up or just going down?
It's just a matter of time until we're all found out
Take our tears and put them on ice
Cause I swear I'd burn this city down to show you the light

We're the therapists pumping through your speakers
Delivering just what you need
We're well read and poised
We're the best boys
We're the chemists who've found the formula
To make your heart swell and burst
No matter what they say, don't believe a word

Cause I'll keep singing this lie if you'll keep believing it
I'll keep singing this lie
I'll keep singing this lie

Are we growing up or just going down?
It's just a matter of time until we're all found out
Take our tears and put them on ice
Cause I swear I'd burn this city down to show you the light

We're traveled like gypsies
Only with worse luck and far less gold
We're the kids you used to love
But then we grew old
We're the lifers here till the bitter end
Condemned from the start
Ashamed of the way
The songs and the words own the beating of our hearts

Cause I'll keep singing this lie
I'll keep singing this lie

Are we growing up or just going down?
It's just a matter of time until we're all found out
take our tears and put them on ice
Cause I swear I'd burn this city down to show you the light
There's a drug in the thermostat to warm the room up
And there's another around to help us bend your trust
I've got a sunset in my veins
And I need to take a pill to make this town feel okay

The best part of "Believe" is the "Lie",
I hope you sing along and you steal a line
I need to keep you like this in my mind
So give in or just give up

1 comment:

N said...

holy crap, bob blogged.

i am also pleased to have a source of enchiladas around... it brightens things up a little bit.