Saturday, August 06, 2005

Grand Theft Autumn (Where Is Your Boy) on a Friday Night

To start off, I want to thank everyone who has been there for me this past week, especially those who jumped to me side. You guys rock. It's been one crazy week, and I am glad it's over. Elaine, we made it to the weekend.

Tonight was fun. After my parents left, after checking out my house, I drove down to Bloomington to Cat's apartment to celebrate Jeff's birthday. There were a lot of Pikes there, which was pretty awesome. I haven't seen so many of those guys in so long. Spring class members were walking up to me and introducing themselves. It felt kind of weird and rather out of the loop. I need to get back and involved with Pike this year. I miss that brotherhood. It was nice to see them again, especially after such a rough week. The drive to Bloomington was rather weird though. I had never driven there for any other reason than to see Kate. However, it wasn't as weird or as emotional as I thought it would be. Maybe this means I am beginning to move on. I don't know, we'll see.

I think the best thing from this break up was that my father was one of the first I talked to the next day. We talked for a while and it was really comforting to hear his voice and that he knew exactly what I was going through. Many people try to act like they know what I am going through, or don't even pretend, but I could just tell that my dad knew exactly how I was feeling right now, and that was a very nice feeling. When he first called was the first time I started to get emotionally overwhelmed. I knew there was a lot in there, built up, and I had tried to release it the night before, but nothing would come. But hearing the familiar comforting voice, just eased everything.

I have spent more time on the phone this week, than I think the rest of the month combined. So many of my friends have been there for me, in person and just phone, but it's nice to see people looking out for me.

Not much more to say, so I'll leave you with some Fall Out Boy that has been stuck in my head, but I love this song. Eat it up.

Where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentleman.
Maybe he won't find out what I know: you were the last good thing about this part of town.

When I wake up, I'm willing to take my chances on the hope I forget
that you hate him more than you notice I wrote this for you.

You need him. I could be him...
I could be an accident but I'm still trying.
That's more than I can say for him.

Where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentleman.
Maybe he won't find out what I know: you were the last good thing about this part of town.

Someday I'll appreciate in value, get off my ass and call you...but for the meantime I'll sport my brand new fashion of waking up with pants on at 4:00 in the afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That song was stuck in my head too.