Still waiting on comments from a few people. Just so that you, I know who reads my blog, so please comment and then reflect on your own year.
So the Guys & Dolls cast list came out and it is kind of sad. Not sad because of who is on it, but because once again Rose is doing one of my all-time favorite shows and my name is not on it. Guys & Dolls is my favorite musical. Ever. My favorite play is Picasso and I had to watch my school do that and not be able to be a part of it. That's hard to do, especially when I introduced the show to the director because I originally wanted to direct it. And now Rose finally doe my favorite musical and I can't be a part of it. It's gonna be hard watching all of my friends go to play practice for my favorite show while I have to stay home. Maybe I can convince Bunny to let me be her assistant director or something. Someone to bounce ideas off of, to help organize, just a second hand man. We'll see what she says. Maybe I'll wait to see what kind of work load I have next semester first, but if it's anything close to this semester, I'll be bored out of my mind anyway.
A lot of new freshmen on this show. Hopefully this means there is a lot of new talent for RDC. I should tap into that for the 24 hour play festival.
Speaking of the 24 hour play festival, I am really excited about how many people have committed to it. We are 2 people away from being able to do 6 shows. We have 7 writers committed, a few who have never written a play, but other genres of creative writing so I gave them a prop and a cast to write a show for for practice. I can't wait to see what they come up with. We have quite a creative group. Should be great.
I am getting tired of this. I am not your mother. Why is doing your own dishes such a hard thing? Cups should not sit on the counter for a couple weeks. Take just a little responsibility for what you do. Everyone is so damned concerned about doing their share and only their share that they rarely even do their share. This isn't a hard concept. We are in friggin' college. How hard is this? You may not be the culprit all the time, but you are by no means completely innocent.
Tomorrow is Steak and Beer night. Sounds like a good time. And then I get to drive home. I am looking forward to this. Being home should be a nice change of pace. I have so many people to see, so little time. It will also be nice to have some quality family time.
It amazes me the number of long term relationships that ended this month or recently. I almost feel like my world is crashing down around me. I am just so confused.
Been in such a 311 mood. I have so much of their music from Katie that I have never listened to. So I started going through all of my music last night and found that as much as I love quite a few of their song, I don't particularly care for quite a few of them as well. In fact there are very few that I am middle ground on. I either love it or don't care to listen to it.
I have many new year's resolutions, although I doubt I'll ever post a few of them. But I'll post some of them later. Now isn't the right time for it. But I still want to see your reflections on the year and your favorite memory with me this year. I know who you are.
I should get some sleep, but I will leave you with some Rent to rock out to.
New York City
Uh huh
Center of the universe
Sing it, girl
Times are shitty, but I'm pretty sure they can't get worse
I hear you
It's a comfort to know
When you're singing the hit the road blues
That anywhere else you could possibly go
After New York would be
A pleasure cruise
Now you're talking!
Well I'm thwarted by a metaphysic puzzle
And I'm sick of grading papers, that I know
And I'm shouting in my sleep, I need a muzzle
All this misery pays no salary, so
Let's open up a restaurant in Santa Fe
Oh, sunny Santa Fe would be nice
Let's open up a restaurant in Santa Fe
And leave this to the roaches and mice
You teach?
I teach- computer age philosophy
But my students would rather watch TV
America
America!
You're a sensitive aesthete
Brush the sauce onto the meat
You could make the menu sparkle with rhyme
You could drum a gentle drum
I could seat guests as they come
Chatting not about heidegger, but wine
Let's open up a restaurant in Santa Fe
Our labors would reap financial gains
Gains, gains, gains
We'll open up a restaurant in Santa Fe
And save from devastation our brains
Save our brains
We'll pack up all our junk and fly so far away
Devote ourselves to projects that sell
We'll open up a restaurant in Santa Fe
Forget this cold Bohemian hell
Do you know the way to Santa Fe?
You know, tumbleweeds... prairie dogs...
Yeah
Monday, December 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
FYI: 5 glasses, <2 days. Nick does not use ze plastic cups... Nick likes ze glass.
It gets hard to find the time, though, sometimes. Most of my weekdays are 24-hour productions with few breaks longer than a dozen minutes. So, you'll have to forgive me for not being able to do dishes as frequently as I otherwise could.
My favorite memory that involves you... hmm... Probably that time we went to Outback. When the 4 of us hangout and no one is pissed, it's a blast. I really enjoyed that.
It is a big month for ending relationships.
So many memories to choose from this past year, and my memory ain't what it used to be. I guess I'll have to go with a recent one. Since I appreciate and have great respect for anyone who has a good sense of humor, my favorite memory of you came during a game of Kings over at TSAV. Leaving out the specifics, you modeled an article of clothing quite nicely. Though as embarassing as it may have been for you, you still went through with it and gave us all a good laugh. As to why this is my favorite memory, it shows the kind of person you are: goofy, fun, and light-hearted.
I had to remove my first comment because of glaring spelling errors because the internet wouldn't let me simply edit it. Damn computers.
i only have one memory of you from this past year... how sad is that, i only saw you ONCE ALL YEAR. now that i think about it i have only seen you once or twice since we graduated and that was in 2002! we need to work on that... i like hangning out with old friends and the other night was a blast! as for the reflecting on this past year thingy u got going on... forget that, this year sucked for the most part. don't get me wrong, there were a few good parts to the year. i did make a lot of new friends but i also some old friends (which always sucks) and i started hangning out and talking with some of my old friends as well (which is always good!) as for ending relationships... don't get me started very sore subject right now! but hey, one day we all find someone and will all be happy!
i know this was a really long comment... but u know me, i like to talk!
Post a Comment