So Sunday Night Dinner is dead. How sad and how it will be missed. Sunday Night Dinner was that time of the weekend we all looked forward to and when things just slowed down getting ready to return to the weekdays. When six close friends could just sit down and enjoy a fabulous meal and one of these friends could show off their mad cooking skills or try out a new recipe. Every week it was different, but always something to look forward to. And now it rests in peace. I don't want to insult the newly lain SND, but I would like to start another dinner group. I kinda saw SND's death coming, making it much easier to get over. And I want to begin a new group, fresh. Any takers? Doesn't have to be on Sundays. Let me know what works best for you. :-)
As I was driving back yesterday, I was reflecting on this year and I would have to say it has been a good year. Got a real job in CS and live in my own house (as in mot my parents'). I fell in love and then suffered a hard break up, at which my friends showed me just how much they cared by dropping everything to help me through that night. Sure they had better things to do than go grab a few smoothies and chill on the dock, especially since it was around 1 am and they both had to be up early for work the next morning. But that's marking of a true friend, who will see you in need and drop everything else and even sacrifice sleep, for you. I also made great connections in my field and started a job in the Sports Information department that has made me think more about my future. I have applied for a dream job with the Cardinals (still crossing my fingers for that one). I have reconnected with so many old friends through theFacebook and had great times with new and old friends alike. I watched my Cardinals have an amazing year and fall short in the playoffs, but have someone to go nuts with me during it, even though I'm in Terre Haute and rumor has it she has an Astros tattoo, but I have never seen it. I turned 21 this year and felt old as can be. I watched a little brother graduate from high school and leave home for the Air Force Academy. I participated in a one of a kind theatre project, got a couple friends involved and began a project to bring it to Rose. I directed and produced my first full-length play in the form of a dinner theatre and directed and produced one of the best evening of one acts Rose-Hulman has ever seen. Thrown some of the best cast parties RDC has seen as well. Actually went somewhere for spring break and had a blast there for about the best spring break ever. Swam in the ocean without being stung b a jellyfish, woot. Switched schools and majors once again. Won awards for my work on the media guides, including a best in the nation, something to be very proud of.
Now I pass it to you. Everyone who reads this, please post a comment of your favorite memory with me this year and then reflect on the year in your blog. It's been a great year, so this should be fun.
Stolen from Elaine:
Open iTunes/iPod or Windows Media Player(or Winamp) to answer the following. Go to your library. Answer, no matter how embarrassing it is.
How many songs?
2251
Days worth of music?
5.9
Size of music?
16.09 GB
Sort by song title:
-First song: 17 Magazine - Relient K
-Last Song: Youth of the Nation - P.O.D.
Sort by time:
-Shortest Song: 0:07 Speech: Paul - the Beatles
-Longest Song: 18:05 Hilikus - Incubus
Sort by album:
-First Album: 1 - the Beatles
-Last Album: Young & the Hopeless - Good Charlotte
Top Five Most Played Songs:
1. Creatures (For a While) - 311
2. Other Side of Things - 311
3. Crack the Code - 311
4. Reconsider Everything - 311
5. The Phrase that Pays - The Academy Is...
First song that comes up on Shuffle:
The Miracle - Queen
Search...
"Sex", how many songs come up?
67
"Blood", how many songs come up?
5
"Death", how many songs come up?
2
"Love", how many songs come up?
76
"You", how many songs come up?
235
"It", how many songs come up?
553
"f@#%", how many songs come up?
0
"Existentialism", how many songs come up?
0
[Note:] Since this isn't a normal post, I will not be leaving lyrics, but will return to the normal format next post.
Monday, December 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
One of my favorite memories is when you kissed Meles.
Now I feel the need to explain this one. I never actually kissed Meles. I was trying to teach Victoria how to fake stage kiss by putting your thumbs in the way. And I demonstrated on the only other person there. A good director would always do that for his cast.
Post a Comment