So this weekend has been totally awesome. The One Acts went so well, I was very happy. The casts performed exceptionally well. We had a couple great crowds as well, which really adds to the show. Overall, they really came through and showed how the One Acts were to be taken seriously as a real show, and not some filler in between shows to keep kids who did not get in Picasso quiet. Greg pissed me off beyond belief on the second night though. See Bunny and Greg (our normal directors) did not attend a single show. Bunny was out of town, something she had planned before we even scheduled the One Acts. That happens, I understand. But Greg was here. And still did not feel like attending it and supporting the group that supports him. Not only did he not attend the One Acts, but he was in the wood shop sawing away and sanding, something rather loud, not even bothering to close the door while my cast is performing. That is incredibly rude. Way to broadcast you could not give a shit about what we do if you're not running it. That just drove me nuts. Just a few days prior on Wednesday, just two days before we opened, we were supposed to have the stage from 6:30 till 8 so we could have a couple days on the stage before performance, which isn't much time as it is. At 6 I get there and there Greg is, working on stuff for Picasso. I ask him how much longer he is gonna need to sue the stage as we need to start setting up for our practice, and he responds with a sigh and "Bob, you don't get the stage tonight, Picasso needs to look good. Not many are coming to One Acts anyway, be happy you can use Hatfield for the show at all." Wow, he might as well have ended it with the finger and a nice "F#%@ you." I wasn't being an ass, I wasn't even demanding the stage right at that point, I just wanted to know when we were gonna be able to use it, being as completely civilized as possible. So I told him that we really needed to use the stage and that Bunny had already okayed it. But he told me that he didn't know about that (making it sound like he didn't trust me on that) and that I needed to leave him alone as he had importnat stuff to do. Way to totally look down on me. Way to make sure I never totally respect you again.
So apparently one of my closest friends' roommate hates me. So on Friday night after the One Acts, we all go to Denny's, not the ghetto one, but the good one. Afterwards we come back and I walk into Adam and Nick's room seeing whats going, and hang up my coat like I always do. The roommate comes out from under the deck, so I ask him how it's going, a polite hi. He responds with "Quiet! It's finally nice and quiet without you drunk f%#@ers." He then turns and walks up the deck and gives me a freezing look. So I head next door, obviously not wanted. Kevin comes back with the movie and suggests that we watch it next door since they have more room. I told him it's probably not a good idea as neither Adam nor Nick are with us. So he goes next door to ask the roommate if it would be fine and that he was welcome to watch with us. He is met with the same hostility as I am. He comes back telling us the verdict and that this guy seems to be pissed and that I may want to get my coat out of there. Apparently even having my coat around is pissing this guy off. So I run over there and grab it, and as I leave I see the end of him flipping me off. I actually had to chuckle at the extent that this guy doesn't like me. I didn't really do anything, I guess I just overstayed my welcome with this guy. He was getting pissed off that his room was becoming a fun place to be, the dream of most college students. He was pissed off the previous weekend that there were people in the room at 11pm on a Saturday. On a Saturday!!! And it wasn't even late. So he proceeded to ask everyone to leave. Even my parents who are known for kicking people out when I have friends over when they go to bed don't kick people out at 11 any more. But this guy didn't agree with the partying going on and kicked everyone out and locked it. Whatever. Only a few more weeks of him and then I never have to see him again.
Well regardless of certain people being d-bags, the weekend was rather enjoyable. Kate came, which was rather fun. And we all saw Hitchiker's on Saturday afternoon and then to cap off the awesome weekend, we had one of the best cast parties ever at my house. We started a new RDC tradition of top ten lists. See we normally do Cast Awards, but with four different casts, none of which practiced together except the last night, it was raterh difficult to do. So the directors locked ourselves in the basement and came up with a few top ten lists that I think everyone enjoyed. A nice tradition from my high school that I got to leave with Rose. It was fun.
I should be studying for ECE 250 right now, but I don't feel like it and I needed a break anyway, and talking to fun people is great.
I think I will leave you with some sweet Dispatch that Nick and Adam have got me hooked on.
there was a decorated general with
a heart of gold, that likened him to
all the stories he told
of past battles, won and lost, and
legends of old a seasoned veteran in
his own time
on the battlefield, he gained
respectful fame with many metals
of bravery and stripes to his name
he grew a beard as soon as he could
to cover the scars on his face
and always urged his men on
but on the eve of a great battle
with the infantry in dream
the old general tossed in his sleep
and wrestled with its meaning
he awoke from the night
just to tell what he had seen
and walked slowly out of his tent
all the men held tall with their
chests in the air, with courage in
their blood and a fire in their stare
it was a grey morning and they all
wondered how they would fare
till the old general told them to go home
I have seen the others
and I have discovered
that this fight is not worth fighting
I have seen their mothers
and I will no other
to follow me where I'm going
Take a shower, shine your shoes
you got no time to lose
you are young men you must be living
go now you are forgiven
but the men stood fast with their
guns on their shoulders not knowing
what to do with the contradicting orders
the general said he would do his own
duty bout would not extend it not further
the men could go as they pleased
not a man moved, their eyes glazed
straight ahead till one by one they
stepped back and not a word was said
and the old general was left with his
own words echoing in his head
he then prepared to fight
Monday, May 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
good song, good song...
Good song indeed. Maybe everyone else is a d-bag, but us 3 Saturns and a Volvo... we hang together. We got your back.
Post a Comment