So I was gonna update Sunday night, but I was working on a couple papers for way too long. So right now I am operating on about 2 hours of sleep. That should make this week interesting. I better get some sleep tonight. I'll at least start a post.
Friday was fun. Adam's friend Sara came to visit so we took her to Mogger's. God, I love that place. I got the Rueben sandwich, and I must say, one of the best Rueben sandwiches I have ever had. Then afterwards, we hung out for a little before heading over the multi-media arts fest over in the Union. Brandon Javella was trying to do his One Act, but had to alter it a bit since he couldn't get all of his actors there. So they decided they wanted a plant in the audience, to give them crap about the show so they could yell at them. Well, being the nice guy I am, I volunteered. And then we came up with the idea that it would be hilarious if Adam came and did a nice stage punch and dropped me to the floor and left me there the entire show. Well Adam couldn't pull off a very convincing punch, so i suggested he run at me and throw the elbow. Well to make a long story short, Adam got really into the part and nailed me, my head bouncing off the couch giving me a few nice bruises. Kinda funny, reminded me of football, geting sacked hard, not really knowing what hit ya. I really miss the sport, but I digress.
Saturday Katie and Steph came to see the show and stuck around for the cast party. It was a blast. Elliot, Kevin and Mike came as well. I think we have convinced Mike to join drama club, which should be fun. It was Nick's birthday so we got him an ice cream cake. We also decided to get some trick candles for it too, but they had burned half the way down as it took him forever to get back inside. For some reason right when I lit the candles, he heads outside and nearly has to be dragged back in. Punk, we were trying to do something nice for your birthday and you are being difficult. So we got you trick candles. Ho ho, we got you good, you f#@%er! Well, he got plastered for his birthday, so if you want to mess with him, make up something that happened that night and then go on to tell him all about it.
On Tuesday I got to go see my Kate in Bloomington. It was a great time. We didn't do much, but it really didn't matter. She had planned for us to watch the Cardinals game that night, but it wasn't on ESPN and she doesn't get Fox Sports Net. But it was the thought that counts. I have not only found a girl that will put up with my Cardinals, but will plan to watch them with me. That's hot. So instead we walked all over IU, getting the nice grand tour. It was fun and friggin huge. It lasted over two and a half hours, and we didn't even see it all. I showed her Rose and it lasted under an hour and we stopped for a while in the SRC talking to Nick and Adam. Anywho, it was fun to just walk around IU, taking in the hugeness of it, enjoying the stars and moonlight and my awesome tour guide.
Then on Wednesday night Kate came back with me to see Star Wars with us for the midnight premeire. It was a great time, and a pretty good movie. Worth the little sleep I got because of it.
So I've been getting into 311 a lot lately, a pretty good band I must say. Look at what you've done to me, Kate. Only fair I guess though. :-P
Now for points: 500 points to Kate for making this smile never leave. 50 points to the Star Wars crew for a good time. 100 points to Sami for being willing to give me a back massage when I need it, and being willing to walk across campus to do so, you so rock. Another 100 to my TSAV bros, because you rock and are always looking out for me. You are my true friends. 35 points to Jesseca for excellent garlic bread pizza. An additional 50 points to anyone to say something awesome about the Cardinals in a comment, and -50 points if you say anything against them, baseball or pro-Cubs. 25 points to anyone who comments at all. 85 points to whoever TPed Nick and Adam's room for an awesome prank. The whole TP thing is over dones, so this one went above and beyond a normal TPing. Very nice, my hat is off. 45 points a piece to Katie, Steph and Sara for coming for the weekend, it was fun to have you. 37 points to Jesseca for understanding my feeling right now. 35 points a piece to Steph and Sara for appreciating my back massages and give me a self esteem boost (as if I really needed it). 200 points to my little bro Danny for his graduation tonight and getting Summa Cum Laude for being in the top 1% of his class. He's a hard worker and very smart, and deserves every bit of recognition for it. I'm very proud of him and can't wait to see him when I go home in about a week. Good job and congrats bro.
Sorry nothing real insightful in this post, just not feeling insightful right now. Well I will leave you with some 311 to chew on.
Houston we have a problem
all this TV has made us dumb
anxious is what we've become
too much prozac in our systems
it's our mental condition
it's our mental condition
one thing lacks is education
institutions fuck with our
Emotions are elastic
they stretch out and back
stretch out and back
sometimes they just snap
they don't go back
they never go back
What if it were true
that you weren't so blue
and you felt like you
could just do anything
but we're facing the sunset
and for a moment it
looks like it's rising
and we are on the other side of things
There's no procrastination maybe I should do it get to it straight
I see people wasting time with so much pointless debate
I can't wait for the over analytical politically correct
Upset by threats to the national mindset
I bet we'd let reverse psychology mob mentality over our ecology
A college we could learn but we usually we burn and then we waste it
Taste it time and time again it's time to take your medicine
Thursday, May 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
making up stories is not nice.
What if we don't have to make up stories? Hmmmm? jk. GO CARDS. I actually went to a game last year. I'm a true Yankees fan (mom's from NY) but the Cards are still good. (I'm not dissing on the Cards, but I am prejudice.) 50 pts for me!
25 pts for commenting in general (75pts)
45 pts for visiting (120pts)
35 pts for enjoying back rub (155pts) And FYI I'd still die for you. I don't think that at this point and time I could still "die happy" but for you.....I would. lol.
Poking Wars is on!
Actually, it is fun making up stories to tell people who get trashed! Anywho I'm sad Bob because Steph got more points than me. :-( But its ok, at least I didn't spill my water at Denny's or have the waitress try to hook me up! :-D PS The pics ARE GREAT!
I love the cardinals, and baseball and I hate the cubs. I should get tons of points for that!
Have a great break!!
I'll miss you!!!1
Post a Comment