Monday, January 24, 2005

Worldwide Socialites Unite on a Monday

So I wanted to update last night, but that drive home wore me out, sorry. But the drive home was a good time to really be able to think. I wish I could blog in the car. I have so many things that I would like to publish that I think of in the car, but don't remember by the time I get to my computer. Blah.

Cause I struggle with forward motion
I struggle with forward motion
We all struggle with forward motion
Cause forward motion is harder than it sounds
Well everytime I gain some ground
I gotta turn myself around again
It's harder than it sounds
Well everytime I gain some ground
I gotta turn myself around again
~Relient K "Forward Motion"


So I decided that on the road of life, I am a drunk driver. I swerve off the path in front of me, kind of blurred vision as to what is ahead and don't exactly have the best reaction time. It makes total sense to me.

I think it might just be alright
To leave what matters out of sight
Old habits die hard holding on
Inevitable means it's never gone

Told myself what I need to hear
I think the point was very clear
I showed me what we'd missed since we
Slipped into inconsistency

It seems as if my ties with you get severed
I cant seem to hold a thing together
I just fall apart, cause that's my trademark
~Relient K "Trademark"


I really enjoyed my weekend in the Haute. I wish I was still there. I miss all those people so much. Absolutely love my Sunday Dinner group. This week I made homemade pizza and priazzo. Priazzo is awesome. It's like a double decker, deep dish pizza. It was my first time making it, and it turned out rather well. It's crazy. Each time I cook, it's like I try to outdo the last one I did. This one is gonna be hard to top. Pretty soon, I'll just start going easy, so don't get used to these meals, guys. :-P

Initiation was great. It was truly a great time to see my little brother initiate his own little brother. I actually have the start of a lineage. He's a real good guy too. We all had a great time at banquet, too. There was a live band, which I was a little unsure about at first, but it turned out to be quite awesome. It didn't hurt having a hot date either.

So when I get to the moment that I start to think of way I might be content not going back to Rose, I go back to visit and see how much I belong there. I belong with the people, I belong with the classes that actually make me think. I belong at Rose. And I don't think I ever fully realized it as much as I do now. I think this whole thing has caused me to appreciate my friends and how much I really had just that much more.

We worked out more details of the apartment next year. I am rather excited about it. We found that living at VQ next year, that even rather high figures will be about half the price of living on campus. With those numbers, I can't afford to not live off campus. And it's gonna be a fun apartment too. Living with Nick, Mike and Adam, how could it not be a blast? Ya'll will have to come visit plenty. I think may even host a cast party or two, but maybe we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves.

Been having a great time talking with a friend of old that I didn't know that well, but our friendship has grown much over the past couple of weeks. She is such an interesting person and just a joy to talk to. She makes my day often, so my hat is off to her. She knows who she is.

Well I think I'm gonna leave you with some All Star United. I love this band sarcasm to get a point across. Fits me well, I must say.

At the top of the social ladder I speak
Let me welcome you here officially
To the back drop of martini clatter
Break the ice with superficial chatter
I'm glad to be this year's MC
To greet the chic and the elite
Yeah, you finally get to mix and mingle
Pressing flesh until your fingers tingle

Worldwide socialites unite
OK, alright

The band is grander than I recall
The talk is cultured, if a little small
Keep parading your charading manners
Keep pretending that it really matters
Don't ask, don't tell
And please don't stare at the emperor
In his underwear
Special thanks to the snack committee
Heavens, don't those tarts look pretty

Worldwide socialites unite
Enjoy the conversation
But try to keep it light
Just avoid the friction
And if you feel conviction
Well then, baby, step outside
Let's keep the "lite" in social
Let's keep the social light
Let's keep the "lite" in socialite

Worldwide socialites unite
Avoid the dreaded question
The meaning of our lives
And as to God's existence
Well, that's your private business
And, quite frankly, impolite
Let's keep the "lite" in social
Let's keep this social light
Let's keep the "lite" in socialite

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a good time too! *blush*
And a smile as always,
~Someone

Anonymous said...

Yay for an awesome weekend!! Thanks for a wonderful sunday dinner and a terrrrrrrific visit! *wink...like the use of grrrr-ish type words?*
~Jesseca :@>

MD said...

Twas good to see you! The wasn't bad either. Hope you can come back next quarter. Rose just isnt as much of a happy place without you.