Word to your mother. Yeah, yeah, I'm back with another update. I was gonna update last night. It's Kiki's fault. Shake your fist at her. Or don't. She's a nice person and is having an awesome day today. At least wait till tomorrow to shake your fist. Be respectful. I realize I'm talking in mainly fragments, but I don't care. I'm not an English Major. Which is also a great song.
I'm in a really random mood right now. Not quite sure why.
I bowled the best game and series of my life, bowling a 158 the first game, a 206 (my career high) the second and a 196 the third, for a 560 series. I was mucho pumped. It was a good time. I've been bowling with a fun team, it's been great.
So apparently there has been some controversy or something with Dr. Midgley, our new president. See what happens if I leave that school for one minute? If anyone has any information so I can have a clue as to what's going on, please share.
So I'm starting another blog, but this one has a totally differnt theme. I am titling it, "Storytime with Bob". I will be posting short stories or my novel (one chapter at a time) there for your enjoyment. It should be interesting. I love creative writing and just writing fiction and poems and stuff like that. I like to think I have a talent, but I'm not really that good. Tell me what you think, and please be honest. I love constructive criticism as chances are its not perfect.
I've been very much into Relient K lately. I can find a song that is exactly how I feel every moment it seems. Trademark just seems so appropriate for my life as of late. Those who have not heard their music are missing out.
The talks with Kiki as of late have really put me in an amazing mood. She can put things into such perspective and really dive into who I am. I feel like things, spiritually, are improving as well. She is quite the encouragement to all facets of life really, and it's been a good time. I think something I will need when I get back to Rose is to find a church in Terre Haute to call my own. Anyone who is interested in this quest with me is welcome, but I think I need to just find God in Terre Haute as well. It is soo easy to find Him here, as He is shown in the lives of my family and friends, but He isn't quite as evident in the Haute. Faith is very much steered away from at school, as there are few there and we don't want to offend anyone. But I think I need to dive out and see exactly what it is I believe and why, away from family influence. I mean, I'm pretty sure I know what it is that I believe, but mainly the basics as I have never dove out of my comfort zone to just let God move me and see what He wants to show me. I can say this all I want, but unless I act, it means nothing, so we will see where things lead when I get back. Keep me in your prayers.
It's my, my trademark move
To turn my back on you
It's my, my trademark move
To realize I should improve
And sometime soon after that
You'll see me come crawlin back
So reading Nick's Blog made me want to watch "American Beauty". Such a great movie. Such great quotes. Kevin Spacey is absolutely amazing in it. It's amazing what can happen when a man decides he has nothing to lose and just lives.
So I was planning sleep, so I will end this with some Relient K of course.
if it hurts,
kiss it better
you wear skirts,
i write nice letters
never said nothing with flowers
though we always talked for hours
and it seems to get much colder
when you cry on your own shoulder
and we know the show
must go on
guess i know
i guess i'll throw on
some jefferson airplane
i'm trapped and i am enclosed
but i won't complain
i'll open all the windows
cause when it's colder
i feel much better
when i cry on my own shoulder
i'll just throw on a sweater and go
and i'll go to undergo a change of heart, a change of clothes
and when i'm home,
i think i'll go eat cereal and stare out the window
i'll make the calls
you cover your ears
niagra falls
still flows on new year's
i will save
your plunging neck-line
kiss your face
you try to deck mine
if i behave it's going to cost him
stop the rave in downtown boston
and we know the show
must go on
guess i know
i guess i'll throw on
some jefferson airplane
i'm trapped and i am enclosed
but i won't complain
i'll open all the windows
cause when it's colder
i feel much better
when i cry on my own shoulder
i'll just throw on a sweater and go
and i'll go to undergo a surgery to purge me of this lonely mood
and my ego, the status quo, provides me with a decent attitude
and i'll go to undergo a change of heart, a change of clothes
and when i'm home,
i'll think i'll go eat cereal and stare out the window
cause you confused me more than anyone
an adjustment has begun
to let me feel the desperate need to leave what we undid undone
and maybe you could sympathize
with the bags under my eyes
and we'll see the signs are saying that we have used up all our (tries)
try to be a better person
to be a better friend
to be a better son
he tries to be a better someone
that understands the difference
and that he can't show all the people
all the things that really mean as much as he could
feels like i don't remember
ever being this tired
before now my eyes were closed to all of the beauty in this world
jefferson airplane
i'm trapped and i am enclosed
but i won't complain
i'll open all the windows
jefferson airplane
i'm trapped and i am enclosed
but i won't complain
i'll open all the windows
cause when it's colder
i feel much better
when i cry on my own shoulder
i'll just throw on a sweater and go
and i'll go to undergo a surgery to purge me of this lonely mood
and my ego, the status quo, provides me with a decent attitude
and i'll go to undergo a change of heart, a change of clothes
and i'll go, oh yes, i'll go
and hope the new me shows so everybody knows
that i've found myself able to fly away
without magic feathers or jefferson aero planes
i've got with me all that i need
BTW, just out of curiosity, I was wondering who all reads the lyrics?
Thursday, January 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I usually only skim the lyrics...unless they look super good. I hadn't even really heard about any controversy here at Rose. I had heard stuff at the start of the year....and a teeny bit here and there, but thats it. Have an awesome one!
~Jesseca :@>
skim at best, if i post lyrics they are 3 lines long. There is just nothing you can do, and since you write your blog for yourself include as much lyrics as you want since you will read them.
Congrats on your series! I read the lyrics today! Aren't you proud of me, but yeah, I normally just skim . . .
~Sami
Normally skim. Sorry dude. Great blog though! I, too, have heard about the controversy. It worries me. I feel like we, as students, have just as much right as, if not more than, the professors to know what's really going on. I pay $40,000 a year to come here. I'm paying for an education, but I'm also paying for a reputation. People think good things when they hear about Rose. I don't want that to change, so when administrators are jumping off the boat left and right, it makes me worry a bit. Ah, anyway... I like it when you post Bob. Keep it up. Look forward to having you back.
i usually listen to the song rather than just read the lyrics... but i usually read the lyrics along with the song.
Post a Comment