Monday, January 31, 2005

Looking for You on a Monday

This day has been nuts, my head is still spinning. So after an awesome concert, I wake up this morning and I have a message that I need to call Adecco (the temp agency) in the morning and not to go into work. Apparently they called on Friday while I was at work and left the message. So I call them and they tell me that they were told I was not carrying my weight at work and that they were firing me. I was taken aback. I have never been fired before in my life. When I do a job, I work as hard as I can and put everything I have in it. Not to mention I was the fastest, most efficient, hardest working person there. Now I probably sound like an egotistical guy from that, but it didn't take that much. I work with a bunch of lazy, fat women who are not exactly the brightest crayons in the box. They were even asking me for advice on how to do their job better. So when I am doing the best job, and I'm not pulling my weight, how the hell are they? What does it take to pull my weight. I don't even weigh that much. And my coworkers weigh twice as much as I do. Just doesn't make sense. So I go in to Adecco to find out exactly what happened and such and if they have a file stating when I screwed up or something and such. And she can't tell me squat. Apparently, she had no control over it. With a temp agency, they do whatever their client wants, and when a client, aka the hospital I was working at, wants me gone, I'm gone. So somehow I pissed someone at the hospital off. And to think the person in charge of the file room was gonna make me a supervisor. I just don't get it.

But then she tells me she has an opening at the Shine of our Lady Snows. Working in the Marketing Production Line. I am not sure what exactly it is that I will be doing yet, but I will be working better hours and same pay. Working 8 to 4:30, Monday thru Friday. I start tomorrow. That's right, I was fired and hired within 6 hours. Crrrrrrazy.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get through this insanly confusing and stressful time. Especially to Kiki who even called for a follow up and made me laugh when I needed it most. Thanks soo much.

So the concert last night-friggin' amazing. One of the best concerts I have ever been to. Toby was the man, still is the man. Totally rockin' and so was Tait. Great band. Got me excited about them again. Michael Tait has an amazing voice and incredible range. Great songs.

So does anyone read the other blog I started with the stories, or did I create it for no reason? If no one really cares to read it, that's fine, but I don't plan to update more until there are some comments to show someone has read that one.

Just for fun, Quote of the Day:
"If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton"
~Jeff Foxworthy


Probably most appropriate that I end with a Tait song that just rang so true today.

Wide awake, chasing sleep
Life’s so bittersweet
Like a dream, remembering
When I could talk to you
We were safe in a world of harm
Before I knew it our love was gone
I miss you so much

I’m looking for you
Cause you’re all that’s true to me
You make me smile

I had to fall, and lose it all
But that’s all right with me
You pushed aside my selfish pride
You opened up my eyes
When I was lost you came to me
You crossed the oceans to set me free
I need you so much

You, you’re all I ever needed
I know, I know
Only you, you’re all I ever wanted
I know, I know
You, you’re more than a dream
Yeah you’re everything
My own symphony
You’re my destiny

I’m Looking for you
I sing this for you
Cause nothing’s as true
You make me smile
So I smile, yeah I smile
Every time I think of you
I smile, I do
Oh every time I think of you

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling less confused! Congrats on getting another job. :-D
~Jesseca :@>

N said...

sucks to lose your job and not even get the courtesy of a face-to-face firing. i know the feeling, sort of.

just think how soon you'll be back at rose!

Anonymous said...

The Blog Commenter's Committee has come to the conclusion that you need to post an update. Thank you for your time.

Anonymous said...

The Blog Commenter's Committee has come to the conclusion that you need to post an update. Thank you for your time.
~A different Anonymous

Anonymous said...

The Blog Commenter's Committee has come to the conclusion that you need to post an update. Thank you for your time.