So I am trying something new and starting a blog on blogspot.com. I've gotten fed up with the inconsistancy of tBlog, so I am trying a new server. Check out both and tell me which one you like better. I'll keep both up for the next week, updating on both, but unless I get plenty of people saying they like the tBlog one better, I will probably be moving permanently to blogspot. For those reading from Blogspot, the tBlog address is http://bobprescott.tblog.com/, and for those reading from tBlog, the Blogspot address is http://bobprescott.blogspot.com/. As you can see, I am quite creative. I figure this way it's easier to remember. Whatever.
I am in a quite hateful mood, quite hateul towards Boston. Sorry Allison. You see it has been a Boston team to take the national title out of my teams hands in both baseball and football. Coincidence? Grrrr. Blah.
So this Strep Throat has turned into more of a cold. More Blah. I hate being sick. It sucks. I get to go to Rose this upcoming weekend though. That's exciting. I miss all my Rose peoples. I got to chat with a few of them. That was kind of interesting. Even if not for having an interesting conversation, it was interesting just the way we communicated. Through Nick. It is quite humorous to talk to 5 different people through one person.
So turns out a lot of people actually read my blog. I find it quite interesting actually. I have no clue who all actually reads, but at the wedding last night someone told me they read my blog, and even went as far as to quote it. I was quite amazed. However they had a different interpretation of my feelings, causing me to wonder what they have said to mentioned persons how they think I feel. Reading back over that sentence, that will probably make no sense to anyone but the person I am talking about in the first place. Maybe I should just stop being half way secretive. I dunno, kinda takes the fun away then.
So my friends, Betsy and Jeremy got married last night. It was a beautiful ceremony and quite different from the wedding I went to the weekend before. For one, the size. Betsy and Jeremy's was huge taking place in one of the largest churches in the area, seemingly inviting half of Millstadt. And Karin and John's was pretty small, only family and a few friends from church, in Bellecourt, where they also held the reception. But they were both good times. Michelle was in the wedding party and absolutely gorgeous. We had a good time dancing all night and trying to convince our friends to come on out and join us on the dance floor. Jadah was out there of course, as she loves to dance, and Sloth was out a lot, surprisingly enough, and I must say, not doing a bad job on the dance floor either. I was rather impressed, as he does not seem to be the type to dance much. I guess it just goes to show you that first impressions aren't a guarentee. But to get Sommer and especially Josh out on the dance floor was like pulling teeth. At a wedding, no one cares if you can dance or not, just go out there and have a good time. This is a celebration. In fact you can go out there and pull out some wacky, totally white moves and people love it. But people are still too embarassed.
Next rant, and its an oldie, but why do women go for assholes? Even these christian women who hang out in their bible study groups, full of young adults, co-ed, go for the assholes in the group. The ones that are nothing like the girls claim to be looking for in a guy. Are these guys just more attractive than me? Are they more forward than me? Can you not tell if I'm interested without being an asshole? I mean what is it that makes girls look at me, then look at an asshole and think, "Bob is a really great guy, but I think I will take my chances with the asshole."? Okay, enough ranting, it's probably a dead subject, and most of you are either rolling your eyes or saying, "Dude, I know, been there, it sucks." I found this article and many of you have seen it as Nick posted it on his blog after I showed it to him, but for those who haven't, you may appreciate this. Ode to Nice Guys
I really don't have much as it is hard to think with this bloody headache, so I will leave you with some Jars of Clay which have just felt so right.
Speak - say the words that no one else will ever say
Love - love like the world we know is over in a day
I'm gonna show you love in every language
I'm gonna speak with words that need no form
I'm gonna give you what you never had before
You're beautiful and I am weakened by the force of your eyes
So shine bright to separate the truth from the lies
I'm gonna show you love
I'm gonna show you love in every language
I'm gonna speak with words that need no form
I'm gonna give you what you never had before
So tie me to a tree and let the smoke and ash collect
No, I won't regret to let love do what love will let
We can drown in mixed emotions or walk across an angry sea
This is the cost of being free
Sunday, January 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like this format. :-D Can't wait to see you and talk and chill this weekend!
~Jesseca :@>
w00t! Mike likes new format. Both your blog's format and his harddrive's format. But anyway, Mike is looking forward to seeing Bob this weekend. Here's to the nice guys we rock, even if women disagree.
ten points for a more readable format.
girls are more attracted to jerks because they're instinctively attracted to the most powerful male in a group, and the most powerful male, at least on an instinctive level, is the guy who is a jerk all the time and goes out of his way to metaphorically knock shoulders with others.
of course, there's no stronger reinforcement than the male treating the femal badly.
Post a Comment