Saturday, January 28, 2006

Open Up the Sky on a Friday Night

So many thoughts flowing in my head, and not enough room to write them.

When will you get this through your head, you are not the victim.

As predictable as you are, you still seem to amaze me.

Wow, this is sounding like a Rabbi style blog post.

First of all, Gage, you are the man and one of the funniest people at IHOP in the world. I can't wait to see those pictures. Smasher, you always crack me up. Should be fun tomorrow. And last but never least, Rabbi, congrats on making it to 21. Karaoke tonight should be a blast. And therefore, 75 points to each of you.

I love doing points.

So I found some random CD in my CD case and threw it in my car CD player. The first track was pretty rocking but I faintly recognized one of the voices and then it hit me, that was 4Him. Now how a 4Him CD got in my case, I have no idea so I started to explore the CD further. But the next song kinda sounded like Audio Adrenaline, and I realized this was a completely random mix of christian music, stuff that I hadn't listened to much in a while. And I really started rocking out to it. I really miss a lot of that music. So I am getting it back. I am getting more uplifting music I can rock out to.

[Warning: Beginning of rant]

You know what grinds my gears? People that get so shut off when they hear the term christian music. And people who are simply amazed when they hear a band that they like and then find out its a christian band. Guess what, chistian artists are very talented musicians too. They have great music, their lyrics are just a little better. And guess what these lyrics deal with some pretty deep stuff too. Well, Bob, there is some pretty bad christian bands. Of course there are. How many truly horrible secular bands have you come across recently, even ones that are popular. C'mon folks.

Another thing that drives me nuts is the assumption that because I am a Christian and like qite a few christian abnds that I will like a band simply because it is a christian band. I will respect them more as playing music from your heart and taking the risk of so many peopel not even willing to consider your music just because of the fact that its christian music, but I will not like their music blindly like that. I still like good music.

[Stepping off soap box]

Well, time for bed, but enjoy some rocking FFH. Peace out.

've had my share of heartache.
I've felt the sting of pain
From standing out in the desert
Praying for rain.
I've seen my lonely teardrops
Fall down my lonely face.
Oh, how I long to hear the
Thunder roll again.

And I want to be
Swept away in Thee.
Only You know what I need.

So, open up the sky, rain down Your love.
I don't care if I never get enough.
I just want to be caught in that flood.
So, open up the sky, yeah,
Open up the sky.

I've had my disappointments.
I've cried a time or two.
These showers of love I long for,
They only come from You.
Now I want to go deeper ,
Fall in over my head.
So, send Your Holy downpour,
And let the healing begin.

And I can't wait
To be swept away.
Only You can stop the pain.


End of Blog Breakdown:
Hero:
IHOP at 2am
Villain: People blowing up when they don't knwo the half of it
Quote: There were so many at IHOP, I can't name just one.
Mood: aggrivated

1 comment:

MD said...

Have you seen Lord of War? It's an awesome movie, I rented it last night so you can watch it if you like. I really liked the part where he talked about "freedom fighters" and "liberation armies" being the type of people who actually kill the most innocents. In anycase, a very good movie... I think you'd like it.