Saturday, April 16, 2005

Sadie Hawkins Dance on a Friday Night

Yes, it's still Friday to me. It's Friday till I go to bed, that's how it goes.

Its all about the he says she says bullshit
I think you better quit
Lettin shit slip
Or you’ll be leavin with a fat lip
Its all about the he says she says bullshit
I think you better quit
Talking that shit, punk, so come and get it


Those lyrics just seemd so appropriate.

So apparently today was decreed National Boys Suck Day by Sami and Jesseca. In observance of this new holiday of theirs, they decided not to talk to any boys all day. Apparently they were getting really tired of all of the girls suck comments that were abounding from Nick and Adam's room. However, some people were getting offended when they would do the same boy suck comments. Apparently, they tried just saying something how they did not like this, but were not listened to. I don't remember them ever saying anything to me, but maybe that just proves their point more. So they went to the extreme of shunning us for a day to make us pay attention. And for that I would have to say brilliant. This was an issue that I think needed to be addressed a while ago, but now, they have gotten all of our attentions. So while this topic is up, I will put my two cents in, whether they were wanted or not.

First of all, girls suck. Sorry girls, but your gender doesn't have the best record. However, before you get mad at me, notice this: Guys suck too. I realize this. My gender, like yours, doesn't always treat you perfectly. Sometimes the idiot/asshole is even me, I do make mistakes, and I realize that this isn't gonna make you too fond of my gender from time to time. It happens. It's a fact of life, but on behalf of my gender, I am sorry. I also know that it's not something I hold against you as a person or even your gender half the time, I just need to roll my eyes and vent about how the latest girl has been retarded leading me to the ever popular conclusion of girls suck.

Second of all, if the whole girls/guys suck comment is made in mixed company, chances are, it's not about you at all. In fact, it probably has nothing to do with you. Please do not take offense to it. Most people do not have the (pardon the expression) balls to bitch about how the opposite gender is screwing them over around the person who is causing them to believe this. So quit assuming it's about you.

You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you

Love that song. Ahh the irony.

Well, there's my two cents and be sure to put your input as well. Maybe there should be some rules like, don't bitch about the opposite gender if you can't take them bitch about yours. I really don't want to have to go through another day of exhile so girls can prove a point.

So baseball season is finally here. My Cardinals are currently in third place, only a half a game out of first place. Haven't gotten to watch more than the last half inning of a game yet though. Rather disappointing. And the time that I have the time to actually watch a game, the weekends, they are shown on the local channel in St. Louis. So sad. Even if I live and work here in the Haute, I plan to see quite a few games this year. So well worth it.

Well I am getting kind of tired, so I will leave you with some good ole Old School Relient K. This was one of my favorite songs, possibly the one to initially get me hooked on them. Sometimes I wonder why my high school never had a Sadie Hawkins Dance, or why Rose never has them, or who is Sadie Hawkins in the first place and why was this style of a dance named after them? All those questions, and it's past my bedtime. Peace.

All the girls in the bathroom talkin
who they gonna take to the Sadie Hawkins
My ears are burnin but I kept on walkin
smile on my face and an air guitar rockin

The Sadie Hawkins Dance
in my khaki pants
There's nothin better
oh oh oh
The girls ask the guys
it's always a surprise
There's nothin better
baby do you like my sweater?

Sittin in the back of my next class nappin
Got up, gave a speech, then bowed to the clapping
Told a funny joke got the whole class laughin
think I got a tan from the language which I was baskin

Scan the cafeteria for some good seating
I found a good spot by the cheerleaders eating
The quarterback asked me if I'd like a beating
I said that's one thing I won't be needing
And since I'm rather smart and cunning
I took off down the next hall running
Only to get stopped by a girl so stunning
only to get stopped by a girl so stunning?

She said, "You're smooth, and good with talkin.
You're going with me to the Sadie Hawkins"

1 comment:

MD said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.