Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Boy on a String on a Wednesday Evening

So one day I decided to create a sports blog, a place for multiple users to post their thoughts on the sports world. See I love talking sports and I am beginning to realize very few of my friends could actually care about sports. That's what I get for living with nerds I guess, but what can ya do? Anyway, if anyone would like to contribute to this blog, let me know and I'll add you as a member.

Went home for Easter which was really nice. I was able to attend my own church again, which I really miss. Such a great place to worship in and a great group of people to worship with. I just wish I could find a place like that around here.

Been really rocking out to Jars of Clay as of late. Love the music. They are so amazingly talented. But I must say, not that big of a fan of their site. It's all in Flash. Who in the world ever thought that an entire site in flash was a good idea. You can't link to jack because it's all the same URL. So many bands do this. Who the hell made this the band norm???

Well, I really didnt have much to say, but check out the "No Steroids Here", the sports blog. I will now leave you with some Jars.

The marionette has your number
Pulling your arms and legs till you can't stand on your own
Dragging you conscience on the stage
And your heart gets rearranged,
And you cannot tell your mentor from your Maker
Look at the crowds bleeding with laughter
Over the way you entertain at beckon call
They don't see behind the lights or the painted background
They just like to see you fall

And you don't really mind
And you're just wasting time
And you don't feel anything
You're a boy on a string

I feel a sadness like Gapetto
Watching the life that he created run away,
Seeing the puppeteer's intrusion
And holding the remains of puppets that had rotted away
One day the curtain will not open
And all of the crowds will go away
But sometimes those strings will choke you
But until that day

No you won't really mind
And you're just wasting time
And you don't feel anything
You're a boy on a string

And you don't really mind
And you're just wasting time
And you don't feel anything
You're a boy on a string.


End of Blog Breakdown:
Hero:
Beautiful weather again
Villain: Five Page Papers
Quote: "That snake is bigger." ~Jon Bullock
Mood: Meh, not amazing, but with weather like this, it's hard to not be in a good mood

2 comments:

N said...

a good church is a very valuable thing... i hate to say that it's about the people, because it really shouldn't be, but the people can make the experience a lot better.

Bob said...

A church is not a building or some place, but it is the people that make a church. I can worship anywhere, in anything, but it's the people that help pick you up when you fall and really support you that make a church.