It's been a while since my last post. I apologize to my dedicated readers. But I do not write here to simply write about what I have been up to. You want to know that, talk to me. I write here to express my views, my writing outlet. My way show the world who I am and show the world through my eyes.
So I have rediscovered the Newsboys and I have simply been loving the music. I love rediscovering music I used to be in love with. Rediscovering that passion of the music I once listened to all the time. I often find things in the music that I never saw before and songs mean something that they never did before. Such beautiful music.
This weekend was nice. I had a nice and quiet Saturday, something I have not had for quite sometime. Meagan and I rented a couple of movies, shared a pint of Ben and Jerry's and curled up on the couch together. Just a nice evening in.
Jut a blanket statement about my blog, unless I mention your name, don't assume anything is directed at you or simply about you. And please do not read into anything I rant about, as that is all it is a rant. However my father said some rather wise things to me, advice I am trying to take, so I will try not to "air my dirty laundry" on this blog any more. There are better ways to get stuff like that off my chest and address issues like that. So appologize to anyone who felt attacked as I assure you it was never an attack as I will never attack someone on my blog, that is simply rude--and a lot of as's. Anyway, this blog war ends right now. I expect the same respect.
As we were in the checkout line at Kroger the other night, Adam made an interesting observation. We don't shop like college students anymore. This house has really matured us a lot on the everyday operations of life. I learned a lot about budgeting and how to make my dollar go a little farther. I've learned a lot about cooking for four, accomodating tastes and the sheer quantity we can eat, and how to make meals stretch just that much farther. I've learned to truly care for a house, and keep it clean and such. I've learned why my mother constantly was annoyed by my crap being all over the place and why she had certain places for everything and not to screw up her system. I have been doing a lot of growing up in this past year and that transition from college to real life I don't think will hit me as hard as it hits some, because I am already doing it.
Well it is getting late, so I think I am gonna call it a night. But good luck to all at Rose with finals. Kick some academia ass. And now I will leave you with some sweet Newsboys to rock out to. I love these lyrics. Even if you have never heard the song, read the lyrics here.
he nods a little too fast
talking illogic with a big bombast, he's
full on dead sure any way's true, and he
wouldn't wanna knock it if it works for you, he
heave sighs a little too loud
so frustrated with the one-way in crowd
full on dead sure anything goes
until you go stepping on his own toes
hold on if the truth be known
truth is more than "to each his own"
if the truth be known
there'll be more to answer for
everybody gets a shot
it'll cost everything you've got
if the truth be known
do you really wanna know?
she tries a little denial
rolls her eyes like a jaded reptile
true/false questions make her uptight
opposites attract, so they both must be right
what if there's someone up there?
shrugs it off with a "don't know, don't care"
hopes to God he doesn't exist
but ignorance here is less than bliss
if the truth be known
everybody gets their shot
End of Blog Breakdown:
Hero: Meagan and Java Haute
Villain: Expanding Ice
Quote: "A little supper? Maybe some champagne?"
"I'd rather, um, just get it over and done with."
"Hmph. Oh. Very well. Then why don't you come down here and let's get it over and done with."
"I prefer to do it standing."
"Oh.
[starts to stand]
"You don't have to stand, I mean. It's sometimes that... It's quite long and I'd like you to be comfortable. It's quite modern what I do and it may feel a little strange at first, but I think, if you're open, then you might enjoy it."
"I'm sure I will... "
~Satine and Christian in "Moulin Rouge"
Mood: A little bored
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hatchet = buried;
We DO do a pretty good job on the house.
P.S. Fo shizzle.
K, if you don't update soon, I'm going to punch you in the spleen. Even if you don't have mono, it'll be freaking hilarious.
ditto sarah
Post a Comment