Sunday, February 12, 2006

Faling Out on a Sunday Evening

So I am sick and tired of this. I'm not sure who you think you are, and what exactly you have a right to, but this is old and retarded. You do not have a right to anything on or in my desk. Yes, my desk is personal property. Unless it was bought with house money, you do not have a right to anything on or in my desk. now you may ask and chances are I will say yes, but that is not a given nor is it a reason to skip that asking stage. Now if I'm not there and you need tape or a staple now, go for it, otherwise, you have lost your privelages of not asking for anything. Never thought I would have to do this, but you have left me with no choice.

I am just tired. Tired of being taken advantage of. Tired of playing peacemaker. Tired of being your maid and cook. Tired of hearing about what little money you have when you spend it on needless stuff. Tired of a lack of respect for my stuff as a that is also a lack of respect for me. Tired of being tired.

END OF RANT

On a much higher note, I met with an old friend this weekend who had not been doing quite so well, but he was doing much better. Conversation was great and I left excited about his progress. Plus I had some pretty awesome food. I do love me some Gyros.

Despite the recent chaos, I would have to say this weekend was pretty awesome.

So I have a pretty awesome mother who sent me an awesome Valentines Day care package. It is pretty sweet. And it included a friggin' huge Toblerone. I forgot how much I love that stuff. Mom, you rock.

So on Friday, I saw the New Play Festival at ISU. It is three one act shows written, directed and performed by ISU theatre students. They were pretty good. The first show I watched was entertaining, but did nothing for me past the simple entertainment level. Nubbs, my TA in my Acting class, has such a humorous personality that he brought to show, making it pretty funny. The second show near put me to sleep. It was a dramatic piece that really did not inflict any kind of emotion. Less than halfway in I was looking at my watch wondering when it would wrap up up so I could see the third show. Apparently the writer and director as well as one of the actors in the show (all one guy) looked a lot like me, or I look a lot like him, whatever. See as I walked in the theatre, not one, not two, but three people at different times wanted to know if Jonathan Golembiecki's brother-the guy who did the third show. So I was rather interested to see what this guy looked like and if it would be like looking into a mirror or something. Well I really don't think this guy looked much like me at all, but that was the only thing that disappointed me about the show. The show was amazing. I was a little confused at first, but the choreography was great, and I was intrigued. The more it unfolded the more I liked the show and the more impressed I was with my apparent brother's creative talent on many levels. It was abstart and simply brilliant and showed a new perspective to stories we already knew. In short, I loved it.

Well I'll leave you with some Relient K that's always great to rock out to. Peace out.

I'm falling out of grace with the world
They say i've lost my midas touch
What turned to gold now turns to rust
I'm falling out of line with all the stars
That flood my dreams with their guitars and magazines

Face down this carpet tastes like coffee grounds
Ground into my face now
And every angle's covered with just another (band-aid)

I'm falling out of style with the current way things are
The things that make conforming hard
I'm falling out of control and you just can't stop me now
I'll fight as long as time allows

I'm out here way beyond
A shadow of a doubt
And i know i'm never falling out of favor with you

I won't think twice or even three times
About taking a gamble with you
Cause with my life you have been so kind
I take all my comfort from you

I'm out here way beyond
A shadow of a doubt
And i know i'm never falling out of favor with you


End of Blog Breakdown:
Hero:
My mum
Villain: Retarded people.
Quote: Mike Moore said so many at IHOP, there is no way to recount all of them here.
Mood: :-/

6 comments:

MD said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

And now for something completely different. Your mom is awesome. Mine will probably call and say she was going to send something, but my brother ate it before she oculd send it. Gotta love little brothers. And random babblings

Rabbi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
N said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bob said...

Ok the war on my blog stops now. Mike and Nick, you totally did not get what I was saying on my blog at all and see it as a direct attack. I did not attack anyone and not a single thing was directed towards any one person or even the two of you. You may be a part of a couple things, but it's not about you. Let me vent on my blog, I never atacked anyone, don't attack me. I don't care who started this all, I am ending it. It is done.

N said...

You've got to be careful with the anonymous stuff. If someone has a reason to think you're talking about them, they'll assume that you are. God knows I've gotten burned by it a couple dozen times.