They tried to take her, but I wouldn't let them. I knew how sad Jesseca would be if she were gone, and we just couldn't have that. It may be written in the stars for me to lose her soon, after Mike's incident, but I can fight, can't I?
In case you couldn't tell, I was tlaking about my car. Yes this huge friggin Escalade tried to take me out this morning on my way to work. As I was coming up to pass a semi, who was camping out in the left lane, an Escalade decides to pass this semi as well, however I was already right beside this Escalade. Yup, thats right, another car trying to change lanes through me. However I had already been in the situation and was not going to let this car take my Jesseca-loving Saturn. So I hit the brakes and swerve to the right. Luckily there was a little extra room to the right for me to be until he passes me, but because of how hard it was raining, I proceed to spin until I had done a complete 180 and was now facing the cars that were once behind me. The car behind me didn't think to even slow down and was now just a few feet from my front bumper. Yes, we were front bumper to front bumper, looking like a game of chicken at that last second, frozen in time but sliding at about 30 mph or so. I looked over to my right to see a car speeding up, probably hoping to pass that semi as well, leaving me with no where to go. I looked back to see where I was sliding now, letting off the brakes and just coasting with the clutch down, as I could not afford to let the brakes suddenly catch and ram into the car "behind" me. I saw the big entrance to Rural King completely empty, so looking back I steered myself into the entrance before breathing nice sigh of relief. I just sat there for a while and took in all that had just happened. Wow, I can't believe I pulled that off. Then someone honked at me from behind to get going. A nice Terre Haute flip and I was off. I hate Hautian drivers.
So this weekend was awesome. We really didn't do much, just hung around the house. On Saturday we went bowling. Man did I miss that. I really need to go more often. I bowled a 175 and a 199. Not too bad. I think we as TSAV should join a bowling league or something. It would be fun, and we have the perfect number for it. And even if you aren't very good, it doesn't matter, because leagues have handicaps. So it's all about bowling pretty good for you, and improving. It's a fun time. I miss being in a bowling league.
Kate came up for the weekend as well as Mahoney. It's about time Mahoney comes to see us when there isn't a party. It was a good time. I love how I can hang out with my closest friends and my Kate at the same time. When they like her and she likes them, it just makes life that much easier. Then there isn't as much balancing of friends and girlfriend, as you can sometimes have both, and it's really nice.
I rather like how my life has been going lately. I smile a lot and just enjoy life. This really has been a good summer for me.
I hate this rain though, it needs to leave. We do need the rain, I just want to have to drive in it. But I guess you can't have everything, right?
Been working on some questions for some people. I apologize for those who have been waiting so long for questions or answers to your own questions.
Stephanie:
1. Girls can drive me nuts sometimes as I am sure guys can drive you nuts. What is it about us that drives you nuts? Why do you think that is?
2. "Word to your mother" is kind of a signature for me as people immediately think of me when they hear it. What would you say is your signature?
3. The best way for me to relieve stress is to throw a baseball as hard as I can, preferably pitching to someone. What works best for you? How does it make you feel? Why do you think that is?
4. Computer are said to be the future of everything. How do you see it most affecting your field of Interior Design and how will you handle it?
5. Describe to me your dream house. How far in the future is it? Are you married? Rich? Have Kids? Where is this house? What does it look like?
Sami:
1. You have a week to see the world, anything you want, money is not an issue. What do you see? Keep in mind travel time in between. The week begins when you arrive at your first destination and you must get on a flight to come back home exactly a week later. What/who do you bring with you?
2. I may not be the best eugoogolizer, but what would you hope was said in your eugoogoly? (If you haven't seen Zoolander, let me know and I'll translate) Do you want it to be packed, or just your close family and friends?
3. You are written about in Time magazine for one of the greatest discoveries/inventions of your time. What is it? How long did it take you to come up with? Does it make you rich or just simply help humanity?
4. What musical/play do you wish most you could be in? What part would you want? What has drawn you to this part? How long have you wanted it? If you had a different range, would that change your selection?
5. Say TSAV comes out with a "Girls of TSAV" calendar. What month would you want? Why? What would you wear for this photo shoot? What look would you want to go for? Or would you even want to do it in the first place if asked?
Ok now on to answering Adam and Steph:
Adam's Questions
1. What do you see the TSAV movie being, who would be cast, and what would the catch phrase be.
It begins with college graduation and a big party at the TSAV house. With glasses raised, a toast is made to two awesome years together. A promise is made, through the seal of a Boone's Farm race, to meet up every year, no matter how their lives change and no matter where life takes them, for a TSAV reunion. This is the story of four men, starring Luke Wilson as Bob "Word to Your Mother" Prescott, Jack Black as Adam "the Rabbi" Reynolds, Will Ferrell as Mike "Mahone-Dizzle" Mahoney, and Vince Vaughn as Nick "Quail F@%#er" Slabaugh, with special appearances by Owen Wilson as Kevin "Weed" Reed and Ben Stiller as Elliot "the Left-handed Jew" Goodman, with a bond that can't be broken through marriages, through rough times, through the beginning of new lives, till death do they part. TSAV is more than a house, more than a collection of cars, more than a 3:1 ratio for stability, but a bond of brothers fighting to make it in this world.
2. You asked me why hockey was so great, so why isn't hockey as good as baseball in your opinion?
One of the biggest things I love about baseball is the strategy. Your mind has to be completely in the game at all times and you have to know exactly what the situation is at all times, how many men are on base, who they are, how many outs...etc. It is also one of the most team centered sports around. Having one amazing hitter doesn't mean jack if you don't have others in the lineup around him. Having an awesome fielder doesn't mean much unless hitters don't want to hit it to other parts of the field as well. One good starter only does you good one out of every five games. But you need those that will work well together for the better of the team. And when they work together like that, you don't need any stars but a few good players that mold into a team. Not to mention, what other sport can you have just a couple people, and very little equipment and have a nice relaxing game of catch (or the equivalent for other sports)?
3. Who has infulenced you the most in your life, how and why?
My big sister, Amanda. Growing up she was someone I always looked up to and loved. She helped me develop my taste in music, showed me the Cardinals, and simply showed me how to live life to the fullest. She was a great example on how to live and was my biggest role model growing up.
4. What is your one big regret, and how would you go back and change it if you could?
I think my biggest regret is not forming the study habits that my little brother Danny did when he was in high school. In high school I never really challenged myself and got lazy. I should have taken all honors courses and pushed myself to do what I know I can. The thing that drives me nuts the most is not to fail, but to fail when I know I could have excelled.
5. If you had to pick a programming language that described you what language would it be and why?
Hmmm, this is tough because I only know two languages: Java and QBASIC. Between those two I would have to say Java because it is a higher level language. I am a pretty simple guy, but there is a lot more that goes on behind the scenes than meets the eye.
Steph's Questions
1. What has been your greatest accomplishment so far in your life?
Um, well first of all, I'm only 20, so I haven't really had any big accomplishments. But I have been proud of being able to keep trucking, no matter what life throws at me. Things have not always gone perfect or even the best for me, but I keep my head up and keep moving on.
2. (High school question) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Well, let's see, I'll be 30 with a hopefully pretty steady job. I see myself married to an awesome woman, absolutely in love, with probably a couple of kids. I want kids when I'm still young enough to play baseball with them, but I do want at least a couple years of just me and my wife before we start having kids. I see myslef making pretty decent money to be able to provide a nice life for my family. And of course, I see my TSAV bros at least once a year and stay in good contact with them.
3. If you only had one more day left to live, what would you do?
See everyone in my life that I love and make sure they all know how much I love them. I would do the things that I love to do with the people I love. I would probably need to play catch as by then end I would probably be rather upset to leaving so soon. I would hold those dearest to me and try to assure them that everything would be alright. And I would probably do everything in my power to fight it, to make it not come true.
4. Why do you love the Cardinals so much?
First of all see my answer to Adam's question #2. I first liked the Cardinals because they were the baseball team in St. Louis. But I grew to love them because of their awesome team mentality and even when individuals are having the season of their life, they are all more concerned with the team result. Scott Rolen, Albert Pujols and Jim Edmonds were all having amazing MVP caliber years, but refused to do a photo shoot for ESPN magazine unless they shot all of them. And even then it had to be private so as to not distract from the team. Tony LaRussa refused to talk about contract extensions until his players were taken care of. The Cardinals wanted to offer him more money and extend his contract, but he would not have it until his players that were looking at the end of their contracts were dealt with. Then if the Cardinals still had that money to offer him, he would then talk contract extensions. The entire team has so much more of a team mentality than any other team I have ever seen, and the St. Louis fans love them for it.
5. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
See Adam's question #3.
So there you go. Whew. Anyone else that wants to be interviewed, leave me a comment, but I promise they will be tough and they may take a little while to get back to ya, so please be patient.
In other news, we don't have internet at the house apparently. This is very grrrrrsome. There were things I really wanted to do on the internet that I can't. However, my girl is so awesome and actually did some of that for me. Did I ever tell you she's awesome. It will be even better if I win that Corvette. Then TSAV could become Three Small cars and A Vette. That would be hot. To bad I'd never be able to afford the insurance...
Well, I think I will leave you with some Relient K. Enjoy.
Let it all out
get it all out
rip it out remove it
don't be alarmed
when the wound begins to bleed
cause we're so scared to find out
what this life's all about
so scared we're going to lose it
not knowing all along
that's exactly what we need
and today I will trust you with confidence
of a man who's never known defeat
but tomorrow, upon hearing what I did
I will stare at you in disbelief
oh, inconsistent me
crying out for consistency
and you said I know that this will hurt
but if I don't break your heart then things will just get worse
If the burden seems too much to bear
Remember
the end will justify the pain it took to get us there
and I'll let it be known
at times I have shown
signs of all my weakness
but somewhere in me
there is strength
and you promise me
that you believe
in time I will defeat this
cause somewhere in me
there is strength
and today I will trust you with the confidence
of a man who's never known defeat
and I'll try my best to just forget
that that man isn't me
reach out to me
make my heart brand new
every beat will be for you
for you
and I know you know
you touched my life
when you touched my heavy heart and made it light
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I saw this and thought of you...I hope the link works :)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8563827/
Post a Comment