Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Can We Just Work Together?

With the presidential primaries coming up, I have been spending some time looking over each candidate and trying to figure out which candidate I would support, and which candidates I could support, should my main candidate not make it out of the primaries. I normally vote pretty straight Republican, but I agree more with a few Democratic candidates than candidates such as Rudy Giuliani. My parents sent me a link to a USA Today site that give you a quick 11 question quiz on 11 of the biggest issues and tells you which candidates agree with your position the most. Then you can move the sliders on the right side for more emphasis on issues such as the Iraq War than others like Health Care or Global Warming. It was really interesting the results it gave me, although my third choice of a candidate was Barrack Obama.

It got me thinking, why isn't there a bipartisan ticket? With quite a few rather conservative Democratic candidates, and a few moderate Republican candidates, why doesn't say Mike Huckabee run on an independent ticket with like Barrack Obama, Since I really don't think either will make it through the primaries. I really think the Dems will go with Hilary and the GOP will go with Rudy and I can't support either. Who could better say they could get things done with both parties than a Pres-VP ticket with both parties involved. Bring together the similarities and work to get something actually done. It Huckabee and Obama were Pres and VP (in no particular order) and they sat down and came up with thing to truly help our country, they could get it done as each rallies the troops of their own party in Congress. Am I the only thinking this? Maybe it's just not possible to get two party members to work this well together, but I can always hope. Just give me someone other than Hilary or Rudy.

No comments: